Balclutha Primary School - T1 Wk 8
Newsletter 25 March 2022
Kia Ora e te Whānau,
As we come to the end of another week, our COVID numbers continue to be low, but scattered across the school. As our earlier positive cases return to school, new cases pop up. Thanks to the continued vigilance of our entire school community, the spread of cases at school has remained very small. This has meant we have not had too many disruptions to our learning here at school.
While the COVID guidelines and restrictions for RED level are being reduced over the next couple of weeks, school will continue with our current procedures for the remainder of this term, to minimise the impact of COVID on our learning until the current peak of cases in the South has eased.
This means we will continue to:
- have separate break times to minimise contact between the junior and senior school.
- avoid large gatherings such as assembly and singing.
- be very diligent with hand washing and hygiene.
- wear masks when inside for Year 4 students and above.
- have only essential personnel on the school site.
This will hopefully enable us to minimise any disruptions to our learning for the last three weeks of term 1.
All going well, we hope to be able to invite our parents back into our classrooms, and have assemblies from the beginning of term two.
Ngā mihi nui,
Whānau and School Update
Thursday 31st March 7pm - Annual General Meeting and then Monthly Meeting at Staffroom, all welcome.
FOOD WRAP ORDER - if you haven't already collected your order please touch base with the School Office - 4190103.
SAVE THE DATE!!! BPS House and Garden Tour - Sunday 6th November 2022
If you would like to help contact us by
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Sara on 02102372282.
Keep safe and let's be kind to each other :-)
Sara Sutherland and Carleigh Frisby
Whanau and School Co-Presidents
2022 Sport News
Draw for 31st March as follows -
BPS Stars vs St Jo's, 5:15pm ground 9
BPS Racers vs Milton blue, 4:30pm ground 10
BPS Superstars vs Rosebank green, 4:30pm ground 7
BPS Lions vs Milton yellow, 3:45pm ground 7
BPS Teenies vs Warepa/St Jo's, 3:45pm ground 11
Draw will be emailed out to players.
Good luck to our year 7/8 players in their first round of top team this afternoon.
Lunch time basketball
This week we had a basketball competition during the lunch break. It has been great fun the whole school getting involved, from those playing to our awesome spectators! Watch out for our final round next week. What team will win the cup?
Balclutha Primary School
Year 7 Vision Screening
- Distance Vision (Amblyopia & Hyperopia)
- This determines how well your child is able to see at a distance. It involves reading an eye chart. (Screening not required if child wears glasses / or is currently under care for their vision.)
If you DO NOT wish your child to be screened please fill out an "opt-out" slip and return to the school office before 29 March. The slip is available on the link below, or you can ask for one from the school office.
Room 5 students are working together this week to solve maths problems.
- School Saveloys, sport fees and all camp fundraising and donations - 02 0900 0000 452 00
- Whānau and School, all fundraising (except camp fundraising), school uniforms (2nd hand and new) -
- 03 1734 0006449 00