October 23rd, 2022
- Bathroom Updates: Due to vandalism and vaping concerns, we have closed a few bathrooms around campus and installed latches to prop other bathroom doors open. We feel these changes will help campus supervisors monitor the situation and maintain a clean and safe campus.
- Unfortunately, vaping devices come in all shapes and sizes: School safety includes student health and well-being. “Vaping” – smoking through the use of e-cigarettes – is a frustratingly persistent issue on our campus. People are often surprised as to the various shapes and sizes of vaping devices. Oftentimes it appears they were intentionally built to conceal their actual function. Here are a few examples that have been recently confiscated, as they’re never allowed on our campus. It’s always helpful for students to be reminded about the dangers of vaping, and we encourage you to do so. There are resources and programs available to help teens quit. Please also feel free to speak with your student’s counselor for more information.
Valhalla Orchestra takes Front Stage
Valhalla Dance Company Performs!
AP Exam Ordering
AP Exam orders begin on October 3rd and end on November 4th!
- Order forms are available from the front desk and the Finance Office.
- Order forms and payment can be submitted in person only at the Finance Office, open 8:00am-4:00pm
- Additional details can be found on the AP page of the VHS website.
Students and parents/guardians with questions related to exam registration may contact Mrs. Adams (GATE Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions about the course or the test itself can be answered by the teacher.
12 Week Grades : November 4th
Spring Break Travel Opportunity
- Do you dream about your child having the opportunity to travel the world? This is their chance! Come to our final informational meeting on Thursday, 10/27 at 6:30 PM to learn more about our upcoming 2023 Spring Break trip to Italy and Greece. Make sure you RSVP to the meeting here: https://bit.ly/3VvA3tb
Winter Sports Start November 5th
Below are the current practice dates & tryout times for our Winter sports. Please complete the athletic clearance process by clicking HERE.
*This page will be updated as needed. Please check back for updates as the Winter Sports season approaches.
- Boys Basketball – Contact Coach Jackson for more information – email@example.com – more info will be posted soon.
- Girls Basketball – First Practice – Saturday November 5th @ 7AM – 11:30AM in the Thunderdome (Gym). Instagram: Valhallagirlsbasketball2022
- Girls Soccer – Tryouts – Monday November 7th @ 4pm, students report the stadium at 3:45pm to check in.
- Boys Soccer – Tryouts – Monday November 7th @ 3:45 in the stadium.
- Wrestling – First practice Monday November 7th 3:30pm-5:30pm in the Wrestling Room. Instagram: @valhalla_wrestling Remind: @valwrestle
- Girls Water Polo – First Practice – Monday November 7th @ 4pm on the VHS Pool Deck. Instagram: @valhallaaquatics Remind: @VHSGWP
Career Week November 1st-4th
College and Financial Aid Help
Senior Memory Ads - Class of 2023
$150 Each - Purchase online at Valhalla webstore or in finance Picking yo# layout: Ads are created as 1/4 page ads only!
- Please check out the page below to select your ad layout. Due to the unique nature of each photograph and ad, layouts might be adjusted by the yearbook advisor to fit the space in the best possible way.
- Photos: Photos need to be renamed to indicate their placement in the photo boxes. All photos must be submitted by email - in one email. Please ensure all images are in .jpeg or .jpg format. please rename the file based on the student name and its location on the ad. Please ensure image quality before submission. images should be large in file size (Larger than ~500KB), small images will turn out pixelated. Example file names: andrewsmith3.jpeg or Andrewsmith_1.jpeg
- Memory Note - Your memory note may not contain more than 100 words. Notes will be placed on the page EXACTLY as received.
All ad photos and documents must be submitted by December 2nd @ 9 AM
*documents not submitted on time will not be added in the yearbook - NO REFUNDS!
submit all items digitally - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors and Community
The PTO of Valhalla High School in El Cajon, California invites you to become a
community sponsor. The support from our community is vital to our PTO and
makes a big difference in the programs we offer. Your donations remain 100% at
Valhalla High School and are used directly to benefit the students, teachers, and
school community. PTO funds senior scholarships, milestone events and
activities, educational programs, teacher grants, test snacks, safety events, and
teacher and staff appreciation to name a few. Help us make a difference with your
We post our sponsors
- Logo/Name on a Banner posted along the fence in the school driveway for all to see beginning end of September,
- Logo/Name for Norsemen and Gold levels/business card/name for all levels on our website
- Continues display and mention of sponsors on our Facebook and Instagram pages, making it visible to most of our parents at school.
- Furthermore, you will receive a certificate of appreciation to display at your place of business.
Contact email@example.com for more information.