Independent Study Announcements
September 28, 2016
FAFSA Senior Parents
Just a reminder that the Free Application for Federal Student Aid is available on October 1st. It is definitely worth filling out if your senior intends to attend college next year. Community college students can also qualify for aid! The earlier the FAFSA is submitted, the more monies available! At least, that is what I have been told.
This is the link!
This is the link!
PSAT 10th and 11th Grade Students
Students who signed up for the PSAT should be receiving an email soon from their home school. The date of the exam is October 19th and it takes place at each of the school sites. If you don't hear from your home school by next week, call your home school counselor or the guidance department for more information.
Our math tutor should be able to start next week. He will be in our classroom on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:15- 12:15. If you are behind in Apex, you must come! If you aren't behind, but, know you need help, please come.
Elective Credit Opportunities
Students! If you need elective credit, talk to me about these options.
- Cabin Leader for San Mateo County Outdoor Education
- Watch TED Talks and complete the handout
- SAT Prep (Khan Academy)https://www.khanacademy.org/sat
- Math Jam (offered for community college students) in January and June
- Community Service- Volunteer and complete log sheets
- STEM Lectures (offered on Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00 at Canada college. Click on this link for a description of the topics offered: http://canadacollege.edu/stemcenter/speakerseries.php
- Current Events Informational Article and Google Slide Presentations
- Participate in the SUHSD Wellness Advisory Committee. The next meeting is November 29, 2016. I attend these meetings. Student participants provide the most valuable voice to helping the district develop plans to better support the health of our students. More information can be found on this link, or, talk to me! http://www.seq.org/About-Us/Departments/Human-Resources--Student-Services/Wellness/
- Work Experience Credit- Get a job!
- Thursday, September 29th- Classroom closed until 12:00. I have a meeting.
- Wednesday, October 12th- Flex Day for Canada College- no college classes, but, our classroom will be open and students will still meet with me for their appointments.
- Thursday, October 13th- Classroom closed until 12:00. I have a meeting.
- Wednesday, October 26th- Classroom closed all day. I am participating in a training.
- Friday, November 11th- Veteran's Day - classroom and Canada closed
- Thursday, November 17th- Classroom closed until 12:00. I have a meeting.
- November 23rd- November 28th Thanksgiving Holiday No ISP classroom closed
- November 24th- 25th Thanksgiving Holiday No Canada classes
Last Day to Withdraw from a Community College Course this semester
Wednesday, November 16th is the last day to withdraw from a fall semester community college course and receive a W (Withdrawal). Students who remain in a class after this date will receive a letter grade.
Parent Education Series Information and Dates
Parents- Please review the link above. You can sign up for any presentation at any of our schools.