MTC STUDENT ENGLISH CONFERENCE
INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES IN COMPOSITION AND LITERATURE
Invitation to Instructors
The English Conference Committee is excited to host the 2nd Annual MTC Student English Conference. We are also happy to announce that the keynote speaker will be Dr. Ronald Rhames, President of Midlands Technical College.
This invitation contains some important information for instructors pertaining to the conference. Instructors, please share this information with your students!
Students may submit presentation ideas ranging from multi-modal group presentations, digital presentations, creative writing endeavors, to traditional one-person essay delivery. We are seeking a wide range of topics, so any discipline in our 200-level courses may apply for consideration for presentation.
***NEW for the 2016 Conference, we are now accepting submissions for poster sessions for 102 students. Details on the poster sessions to be released soon!***
Students can obtain a submission form from current 200 level English Instructors. The deadline for abstract submission is Thursday, March 31st.
Why should students present at academic conferences?
- Cash Prizes for Outstanding Work
- Professional Conference Experience (including all parts of the process: application process, acceptance, project building, delivery of presentation to a larger group)
- Ability to experience managing a larger research project
- Occasion to learn the process of scholarship in the discipline
- A chance to show off their accomplishments in their English course
- Opportunity to attend presentations and learn more about the variety of studies in the discipline
- Resume/CV Builder
- Publication Experience
- Did we mention students could win a cash prize?
My student does not want to submit a presentation or paper, but would like to attend. What is the process to attend?
- You must be a current MTC Student to attend the conference. Simply ask your English instructor for a registration form, or email MTCEnglishConference@gmail.com to request a form.
- Registration is FREE!
- Registration for the conference must be submitted by Friday, April 8th.