Miss Branchick's Newsletter
April 11-15, 2016
K-Kids Literacy Bingo Night and Book Drive
The K-Kids are asking for book donations from our South Family. These books should be gently loved and can be for any age group! We will have them sorted by picture book, early chapter books, teen books, and adults. Any donations would be greatly appreciated!
If you are able, please send books in this week or next with your child. They will be given to the K-Kids representative in our class to be sorted.
Thank you for your constant help in projects like this!
ISTEP Starts Next Week
I will also be sending out another snack sign up for those who are interested.
Groups of students worked together build the tallest structure using just spaghetti noodles, string, tape, and marshmallows.
The group who could get their marshmallow the highest, was the winner!
The students worked on this challenge to see how rules and jobs are a necessary component in every day life.
Homework this week
There is a math review packet and reading review packet.
4 pages of Rocket Math need to be turned in by Friday for all students who have not mastered all four operations on Math Fact Mastery.
This week in room 506
Monday- Lesson 20-7 Outcomes and Experiments
Tuesday- ISTEP Practice Test- no new lesson
Wednesday- Lesson 20-8 Line Plots and Probability
Thursday- Lesson 20-8 Fractions on Line Plots
Friday- Lesson 20-9 Use Tables and Graphs to Draw Conclusions
Monday- Continue to work on Unit 4
Tuesday-ISTEP Practice Test- no new lesson
Wednesday- Go over Unit 4- test if ready
Thursday- Pretest Unit 5
Friday- Unit 5
Unit 5 Week 4
- Strategy: Ask and Answer Questions
- Skill: Author's Point of View
- Genre: Biography
- Vocab: Prefixes and Suffixes
- Phonics: Inflectional Endings y to i; Suffixes- ful, ness, less
1. citizenship- Citizenship is the position of being a citizen of a country with all the rights, duties, and privileges that come with it.
2. continued- When something is continued, it goes on without stopping.
3. daring- Something daring is courageous and bold.
4. horrified- When you are horrified, you are filled with great fear, horror, or dislike.
5. participate- You participate when you join with others or take part in something.
6. proposed- To have proposed means to have suggested something to others for their consideration.
7. unfairness- Unfairness is the state of being unfair or unjust.
8. waver- To waver means to pause when being unsure.
Spelling Words: Inflectional Endings
- Tumblebooks (username northelementary / password books)
- Symbaloo (username firstname.lastname@example.org / password room506) - this website has links to kid approved websites we use at school)
- IXL - a great website for students to practice skills from any subject!
Tumblebooks is registered for grades K-4 so North and South share.