West Perry Counseling Newsletter
Cumberland Perry Area Vocational Technical School
Career Exploration Night
Fire and Rescue Program
• The course will run from January 19th through the remainder of the school year
• 8:30 am – 2:00 pm Monday through Friday
• Held at Silver Spring Fire Company on the Carlisle Pike
• Grade 12 only
• Students must provide their own transportation
• Students who successfully complete the program will earn their EMT certification and Firefighter 1 certification.
• College credit is awarded through Bucks County Community College.
• Students must join their local fire company.
Click on the video below for more information.
It’s November!!! That means…
You can begin to apply to the Cumberland Perry Area Vocational Technical School (CPAVTS or VoTech) programs!
Please see the link below regarding the Virtual Tour!
Please see the link below to Apply!
All West Perry Student Applications are to be submitted online by Thanksgiving!
If you have questions or need support, please email Mrs. Bell at email@example.com
Mindfulness Apps for Teens
Tell the app how you’re feeling, and it will recommend specific guided meditations based on your mood and your needs. The app opens by asking users what five emotions they have been feeling today, which in and of itself is a great tool for emotional awareness for teens.
This is a favorite one among the teens I work with — it offers short practices, with soothing music and nature scenes to go along with them. There is also a “bedtime stories” feature to help you fall asleep. (This app is great for adults, too).
This one is a website, not an app, but it was developed by Allina Health, in coordination with a teen advisory board, and it features fun and informative videos for teens about how they can reduce stress and chill out. (This page here has several free guided meditations, plus coloring page downloads).
Financial Aid Information
PHEAA Financial Aid Presentation
- Hagan Scholarship- https://haganscholarships.org/ The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship designed to help high achieving students graduate college debt free.
- Irvin E. Herr Foundation scholarship application is available for Seniors in the counseling center or by emailing Mrs. Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is April 30, 2021.
Please click the link above or stop in the counseling center for a brochure. Deadline to
apply is November 15, 2020 at 5pm CST.
- Penn-Cumberland Garden Club - $1,000.00 Scholarship
This Scholarship will be given to a current high school senior who is planning to attend a four-year college with a major in one of the following: Horticulture, Floriculture, Landscape Architecture, Conservation, Forestry, Urban or Regional Planning, Environmental Science, Botany or Ecology related studies. Applications are available on our website www.penncumberlandgardenclub.org Applications are due by March 31, 2021.
- Pennsylvania American Legion - 2021 High School Oratorical Scholarship Program - please stop by the counseling center for a paper flyer with details. This is "A Constitutional Speech Contest".
Central Penn College
Harcum College - Virtual Information Sessions
A Degree to Make you Proud!
Upcoming Virtual Information Sessions:
Saturday, November 7 Virtual Fall Open House
Thursday, November 12 Nursing/Allied Health
Tuesday, November 17 Dental Programs
We know that selecting a college can be overwhelming. That's why we asked our graduates to share with your students why they appreciate their Harcum College education.
From small class sizes that allow for individualized instruction and personal attention from faculty to opportunities for growth as a student and member of the wider community, Harcum offers students an array of possibilities.
Attention Potential College Athletes
Surgery Live! at Whitaker Center
Watch professionals perform surgical procedures. In real life. In real-time. Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts and Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center created an innovative partnership designed to stimulate the interest of high school students in careers in health care. $25 per person. Click the link for more information...
Mrs. Bell - 9th Grade Counselor- email@example.com
Miss Meili - 10th & 11th Grade Counselor -firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Zeigler - 12th Grade Counselor - email@example.com
Mrs. Barber - Guidance Clerk - firstname.lastname@example.org