Week TWENTY-TWO: February 15th
A Weekly Staff Bulletin
This bulletin details the upcoming week, I encourage you to read through it and let me know if you have any questions.
I hope you had a relaxing and rejuvenating 4-day weekend and we get to celebrate it with this short week.
RULE OF THE WEEK #4
Serrano is a Model School with Clean Facilities
The rule this week is "Keep Your School Clean." Although the SOAR tickets have really accelerated a clean campus, there are still things we can do. A couple of areas to mention to the students are: the front of the campus, outside the classroom during the day and on the playground during recess. Please also, emphasize that, although we really appreciate students picking up jackets, please pick abandoned jackets up at the very end of recess or lunch. We have jackets being picked up throughout recess right after their owner has just set them aside :)
Duty Schedule Reminder
- 7:45-8 lunch tables: Cinadr
- 8-8:15 blacktop: Ilinescu
- 10:15-10:30 blacktop: Vigneault
- 10:15-10:30 big apple, looking to playground: Ivory
- 10:35-10:50 primary swings, east: Cycenas
- 10:35-10:50 lunch benches and blue playground: Pettibone
- 2:20-2:35 stairs with bus, near computer lab: King
- 2:20-2:35 entrance to parking lot/ sidewalk near Kinder: Strawn
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk near library: Coony
- 2:20-2:35 center island: Karr
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk by office: Welch
FREE FROM DUTY:
Raidmae/O'Hare, Rutledge, Beckham, Fisher, Schmuhl
- NO SCHOOL - CELEBRATION of PRESIDENT'S DAY
- SLAB after school - Room 24
- 10:30 - SBAC Coony
- 12:30 - SBAC Welch
- 1:30 - SBAC Karr
- 8:00 - SBAC Schmuhl
- 9:00 - SBAC Ivory
- 10:30 - SBAC Vigneault
- Modified Wednesday - 1:30-3 @ VPE for Write from the Beginning. Please make sure to bring binder, spiral, and student work for imaginative narrative.
- Eagles Dine Out - Wendy's
- Ashley - LTO Meeting - off campus from 7:00-8:30a
- 11:00 - SBAC Beckham
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- CAST #2 Meetings
- School Site Council - 3p-4p at Picnic Benches outside office to discuss School Safety Plan
- 12:30 - SBAC Fisher
- Ice Cream Sales
- Serrano STEM Challenge
- Fire Drill 1:15p
- Spring Picture Day
- Eagle Spirit Day - Show your Eagle Pride
- Track 2:30-3:45p, please bring water or plan on purchasing it
- District Technology Festival: Here is a great opportunity to attend our OUSD Tech Fest. It is free to attend and has been great in previous years. 30 iPad minis will be raffled off and the time is 7:30a-12:30p. This is optional but a really great opportunity.
Register Here: bit.ly/1OLeiPm
Breakfast and Lunch Provided :)
- MXL Log - Jane has done a GREAT job of tracking our students who attend MXL and for the reason. Please feel free to use the log as evidence in a conference, should you need it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m7NXsKWPtf0X0LDF6AOcWv5Q5MpTU2vvypQmiuT_pq0/edit?usp=sharing
Our second CAST Meeting is coming soon and the meetings are scheduled for February 18th.
The CAST Referral Form is attached for any students you may be bringing up, please fill out and bring to CAST Meeting. I will be getting a Schedule to you the week of CAST and providing you a list of CAST students and the interventions discussed in the last CAST meeting.
CAST Schedule: the following Grade Levels will be released by the Roving Subs at the times below:
8:00a-8:45a 5th Grade
8:50a-9:35a 6th Grade
9:40a-10:25a 4th Grade
10:30a-11:05a 3rd Grade
11:10a-11:55a 2nd Grade
1:50p-2:35p 1st Grade
CAST Meetings will be in Room 12
Please remember to set up a time with Pam to administer the first of two SBAC blocks in February (reminder - each class Grades 3-6 needs to administer an ELA and a Math block). If you pick the block and the date and time with Pam, I will be there to help administer the test and walk you through the whole thing. (Note - Sharon - your 2nd graders can take the 3rd grade block too so you do not need to figure out a time to split your class). Below are the Block options (see link) - remember that if the block has an essay or constructed response question - that means there is grading needed to get scores. My suggestions is that, at least, the first block you might want to select one that does not have any essays or constructed response items. You will want to schedule about 45 minutes for the first one as it will probably take about 20 minutes to get logged in the first time. **Thank you for finding some time for me :) And please ask if you have questions.
Block Details: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/ca/iabhandscoring.asp
Physical Education Standards
If you plan on utilizing some time throughout the week to fulfill your 100 weekly minutes of PE, please make sure you are leading activities that are in line with the State of California PE Standards and if you have questions or would like suggestions about activities, please see Mrs. McLeary. It is very important that the safety of kids is a top priority in any physical education activity. Thank you for your help in this endeavor.