Mountain View High School
February 17, 2021 Newsletter
Welcome to Mountain View High School. Home of the Mountain Lion. Our motto is: PRIDE!
Visit our website: https://www.thompsonschools.org/mountainview
Parent Advisory Committee Meeting - February 25, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Colorado Governor Jared Polis has signed a declaration proclaiming February 15 to February 19 as "Concurrent Enrollment Week."
Concurrent Enrollment is an innovative statewide program, launched by Colorado’s State Legislature in 2009, to provide more opportunities for more students to increase college-going rates by earning tuition-free, transferable college credit while they are still in high school. Concurrent Enrollment is taught by college-level instructors at the high school, on a college campus or online. This flexibility allows the program to be delivered in the manner that best serves the community it’s in. The dual-credit program allows students to simultaneously earn credit toward their high school diploma along with college credit toward an Associate degree or credit toward a career-focused certificate for eligible courses.
Thompson School District offers a variety of Concurrent Enrollment options that may be right for you! To learn more, please visit with your school counselor. General information from the State of Colorado is also available at the following link: https://bit.ly/2LX6fXw
Thompson Kids Can Change the World Contest
Deadline is April 5th.
Class of 2021 Senior Acknowledgements
Dear 2021 Mountain View Grads and Parents,
We are gathering information for our MVHS 2021 Senior Acknowledgements. Below is a
link that can be used to submit information for all scholarships that you have been
offered (accepted and declined), dollar amounts and how many times you can renew,
colleges you have been accepted to (accepted and declined), awards you have been
presented, and certificates you have earned. If you have enlisted in the military, please
note this here along with your future plans. This form can be submitted multiple times,
so as information becomes available, please let us know:
Documentation Form: https://forms.gle/GbqF4ALoyX7KK7mWA
If you have questions concerning the 2021 Senior Acknowledgements, please contact your counselor or Marty Barton at email@example.com or 970-613-7831.
Participation in a MVHS 2021 Senior Acknowledgement is optional.
Athletics, Activities and Clubs
Off Season Training
Off-season workouts are beginning for some sports! If you are interested in the following sports, feel free to reach out to the coaches directly to be added to their communication lists. All athletes intending to attend these practices must have a signed COVID waiver on file with the head coach of that sport. The wavier can be found on the MVHS athletics website (mvhsathletics.org)
- Boys Soccer (official season starts 3/8)
- Head Coach: Ismael Gallardo: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Optional Workouts (start February 8) - M, W, F @4:30-6pm East Soccer Field
- Girls Soccer (official season starts 4/26)
- Head Coach: Dirk Habig: email@example.com
- Optional workouts (Start February 8) - Tu, Th @4:30-5:30pm East Soccer Field
- Football (official season starts 8/9)
- Head Coach: TBD - contact Steve Frye for off-season information (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Optional workouts (Start February 1) - M, W, F @7-8am Weight Room
- Baseball (official season starts 4/26)
- Head Coach: Brian Smela (email@example.com)
- Optional workouts
- Feb 8-12 - M-F by cohort A/B @4:15-4:45pm in Never Summer FTLA
- Starting Feb 15 - M, W @4:15-5:45pm & 1-2:30m on Saturday on the baseball field
- Track & Field (official season starts 4/26)
- Head Coach: Matt Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Optional workouts (start February 1) - M, Th @4:30-6pm Weight Room, Tu @4:15-5:45pm on the track
- Volleyball (official season starts 3/8)
- Head Coach: Rhiannon Tovani (email@example.com)
- Optional workouts:
February 12th - 3:00-4:30
February 15th -3:00-4:30
February 16th - 6:30-8:00pm
February 23rd - 6:30-8:00pm
National Signing Day
Mountain View Music & Arts (MVMA)
MVMA Needs Your Fundraising Help!
Do you have a student in the MVHS band, choir, orchestra, theatre, or arts programs? Mountain View Music & Arts needs your fundraising help! Please consider participating in our EASY ongoing fundraisers.
1. King Soopers Community Rewards: Link your King Soopers shopping card (the one you use to get store discounts and sale prices) to designate Mountain View Music & Arts as your charitable organization. King Soopers donates to charitable organizations based on the number of participants per organization and the amount they spend (it’s no longer a flat 5%) -- so the more parents (and students!) who link their King Soopers shopping cards to MVMA, the more we will earn! Get started here: https://www.kingsoopers.com/i/community/community-rewards (MVMA's organization # is: SB623).
2. AmazonSmile: Link your Amazon account to designate Mountain View Music & Arts as your charitable organization, and Amazon will donate a percentage of what you spend. Get started here: http://smile.amazon.com (MVMA’s organization # is 26-4794988). You can also use AmazonSmile on your phone -- just enable it in your Amazon app settings.
3. ShopWithScrip: Sign up for the ShopWithScrip program and install the RaiseRight app on your phone. Before you shop, purchase e-gift cards to spend at the retailer of your choice (750+ retailers are available!). You can also purchase actual gift cards to give as gifts -- perfect for birthdays or holidays! MVMA will earn a percentage of what you spend, which varies by retailer. Get started here: https://shop.shopwithscrip.com (MVMA’s enrollment code is B28155F75549L).
For more information about MVMA, including fundraising, volunteering, and upcoming events, go to https://www.mvmaloveland.org
Looking for a Summer Job?
Do you know a youth looking for a summer job? The Larimer County Economic and Workforce Development's CareerRise team is connecting teens, ages 14-18, to business information and opportunities.
We are hosting two, virtual Summer Employment Nights for youth and their families, where you can expect the following:
- Hear from a local employer panel about job search best practices and their unique opportunities
- Learn about paid internships, other summer opportunities & MORE!
- Apply to the Larimer County Conservation Corps (ages 18-25)
Summer Employment Nights are scheduled for:
-Wednesday, March 3, 2021, from 5:30-7:00 p.m. for Loveland. Employer panelists currently include: City of Loveland, Culver's, JAX Outdoor Gear, Farm & Ranch, and The Summit.
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021, from 5:30-7:00 p.m for Fort Collins. Employer panelists currently include: City of Fort Collins, Urban Air, Walrus Ice Cream, and MORE!
Thompson School District Websites Redesign Survey
hompson School District Websites Redesign Survey
Thompson School District is in the process of making changes to its district and school website system, including design, layout and the features that are available. The new website designs and upgrades are scheduled to launch late this summer as we move into the new school year.
To assist district and school staff with the renovation process, we invite you to take a brief survey, which will provide us with some valuable information on how you typically use the websites and the features that are important to you. Below is a link to the survey, which will close on Friday, February 26.
Thank you for your feedback and support as we move through this process. It is greatly appreciated.
Please Help Our Students in Need
The "Clothe our Kids" clothing drive for local homeless and in-need students is asking for:
Athletic/sweatpants & sweatshirts in all sizes/genders from 3T to adult XXL
All sizes/genders needed for shoes/boots from toddler to adult 13
To donate, please call or text Brenda at 720-839-9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review any past newsletters here:
If we didn't answer your question here, please feel free to contact any of us here at MVHS to help!