The Kirk Fenton Pro
Weekly newsletter for staff 22nd March 2019
A funny time of year, Lent. Several of our colleagues have given up chocolate, biscuits or cake. It will be difficult but I am sure that they will rise to the challenge. The second half of the spring term is traditionally a period of solid effort all round, sandwiched between the Christmas celebrations, the impending SATs and onto the summer sports days.
What do we do for Lent here?
Spiritual discipline? Well, yes; we are a church school
Penitence? Yes again; we spend time using restorative practice with the children and forgiveness is one of our values.
Reflection? Surely that is what school worship is all about?
Perhaps we could just find five minutes each day to stop and think; to admire the blossom or to give thanks for a small victory in the classroom, or a breakthrough with the budget!
Just five minutes to pause during the day?
Well it has to be better than going without biscuits for six whole weeks!
Messages, Information, reminders and notices
- Returning to school after illness - If you have been off ill, it is important that you come and see me on your return before going to class as I need to complete a return to work interview. Many thanks
- New staff governor - .......is Karen Parnaby!
- School Improvement Visit - You will now be aware that Donna Kettle will be visiting school on 3rd April. Her focus on this visit will be EYFS & KS1 so I will meet with these classes to go through the timetable and what she wants to see. The focus on the 1st May visit will be KS2.
- Target Tracker Data - Please ensure that your end of Spring term data for RWM is on TT by 31st March (all classes) as I need to send it to Donna by 1st April!
- Support Plans - Please ensure that all your support plans are completed and shared with parents before Easter.
- Timetables - Please can class teachers let me have a copy of their weekly timetable on a Monday each week. First person, start a new folder please.
- Staff Meetings - Please see the dates attached below for the rest of this term
Thursday 28th March - KS1 Writing Moderation
Tuesday 2nd April - KS2 Writing Moderation
Thursday 11th April - Kirk Fenton Book Look - cancelled
Diary Dates Next Week
- 08:15 Michael Walshaw to see JMcK
- 10:00 Yet another Finance Audit! KW & JMcK
- 15:30 SLT Meeting
Tuesday 26th -
- KW out all day at Monk Fryston Peer Review
- 09:30 Year 5 Assembly
- 10:00 Outdoor Sports Festival @ Dalby Forest for some pupils
- 11:30 Jordan Norwood to see BH
Wednesday 27th -
- 08:00 MAT HT Meeting
- Y1 x 3 Able Maths morning at Riverside
- 11:00 Rev. Simon visiting Nursery
- 13:00 KH @ Sherburn Hungate
Thursday 28th -
- 09:30 Amelia Formstone & Tracy Ashton to see OD & AG (YR)
- 11:00 Mothers' Day open morning Nursery
- 11:20 TGS teacher to visit Y6
- 13:00 Interviews for TA post in YR
- 14:00 Mothers' Day Open afternoon in Reception
- 15:00 Swimming Festival @ Tadcaster pool Y6 x8
- 15:30 Staff meeting - KS1 writing moderation
Friday 22nd -
- 09:00 Claire Cowper CAMHS to see FD (Y6)
- 09:30 Kirsty Buckle Healthy Child team to see Y6
- 09:30 KW to observe in Y2
- 11:00 Mothers' Day open morning in Nursery
Thank you and Well done.....
Thanks to Karen Parnaby for stepping up to be the new staff governor.
Thanks to all who have again covered lunchtimes with me - interviews are on Thursday so hopefully normal service (!) will be resumed soon.
This week's birthdays....
None that I know of this week