2nd Grade Library Newsletter
Mrs. Cunningham Teacher-Librarian
What's Coming Up in Library Class in February?
What Have We Been Doing In Library Class?
- Comparing and contrasting other culture's versions of the Cinderella Story
- Using story maps for setting, characters, problem, solution, and moral or lesson
- Understanding the parts of the library (Fiction, Non-Fiction, Everybody)
- Participating in small group and partner collaboration
- Exploring computer coding with Hour of Code (code.org)
- Literature appreciation with Washington Children's Choice Picture Books (WCCPB)
- Self check-out of Library books and how to be a responsible borrower
- Using Kahoot! (i-Pad app) to test our comprehension after listening to a story
Scholastic Book Fair Coming Soon! "For the Love of Reading"
Monday, Feb. 22nd, 9am to Friday, Feb. 26th, 3:30pm
Sunrise Elementary Library
Sunrise is fortunate to have the author Paul Owen Lewis visit on March 1, 2016. He will provide a whole school assembly that focuses on his life and his first book Davy's Dream. There will be two follow-up sessions at the K-2 and 3-5 levels where students will learn about writing.
He will also be available to autograph books for students and staff. As time permits he will visit classrooms for a brief Q and A session. Each student will receive an autographed picture of the author, too.
You can purchase his book(s) Davy's Dream, Storm Boy, and Frog Girl by completing the order form that is linked to this flyer. Order forms are due back to Mrs. Rowell by February 17th