DAA English KS3 Bulletin- WEEK 11
Weekly ideas and reminders
What's currently being studied?
Year 8: Gothic Fiction, with a core novel or play.
Year 9: Conflict- Shakespeare's Macbeth
Key Reminders and Messages for Each Year
Just a bit of a recap:
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE ARE MOVING ONTO THE NEW SCHEME ON 8/12/14.
Make sure the Respect Sticker is in new books now as well if students are starting to finish their books
Please continue to use the big picture slides at the beginning of every lesson
- We are now in the intervention segment of the cycle. Please continue the scheme with your core novel/play if you haven't finished it just for this week- there might be texts such as speeches/letters and so forth you have missed, so use this week as a chance to do things you missed earlier in the term
- PLEASE USE THE HODDER RESOURCES FOR INTERVENTION PURPOSES WITH THE STUDENTS- BEGIN TO GET THEM USED TO ACCESSING IT!
We are moving on to atmosphere and tension. I have done some work with pacing and this can be seen in the powerpoint here- the lesson went really well so I'd recommend it
Try watching/reading a clip and plotting a graph to show tension
Watch a part of The Woman in Black- the video can be downloaded from here from the Dropbox for free.
Use the Hodder resources- they are fab for this type of thing
Students can create podcasts and commentaries of each others' work using iPads- see AWS for support- he is awesome.
- Making sure the RESPECT mnemonic is stuck into the book
- Making sure students are aware of the presentation standards of their books- this is vital in light of 'progress over time' measures now!
- Feel free to refer to my Macbeth scheme on the dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/67ht8gk3643bt97/AADt3qqaFE9i2k33Ehdy9t4xa?dl=0