Student Health Advisory Council ------ February 2021
Body Image and Self-Esteem
Do you ever wish you could change something about your body? If so, you're not alone. Lots of people feel unhappy with some part of their looks. But when you get stuck on what you don't like, it can really bring down your self-esteem.
You don't need a perfect body to have a good body image. When you like your body as it is, right now, you boost your body image. And your self-esteem too.
But what if I need to be in better shape? Some people think, "When I get in better shape, I'll like my body. But it's best to start the other way. First, accept your body. Find things to like about it. Take good care of your body. When you like your body, it's easier to treat it right.
Want to look and feel your best? Click here for tips.
Take Charge of Your Health
As you get older, you’re able to start making your own decisions about a lot of things that matter most to you. You may choose your own clothes, music, and friends. You also may be ready to make decisions about your body and health.
Making healthy decisions about what you eat and drink, how active you are, and how much sleep you get is a great place to start. Here you’ll learn
- how your body works—how your body uses the food and drinks you consume and how being active may help your body "burn" calories
- how to choose healthy foods and drinks
- how to get moving and stay active
- how getting enough sleep is important to staying healthy
- how to ease into healthy habits and keep them up
- how to plan healthy meals and physical activities that fit your lifestyle
Click here for more information
Quit Vaping and Stay Vape-Free
9 Safety Tips for Going Out Alone
- Have your cellphone charged and with you in case you need to make an emergency call.
- Let a parent know where you will be and whom you are with. Update them if plans change.
- Pay attention to your surroundings, including traffic, people around you, and where you parked your car.
- Walk-in well-lit public areas at night.
- Wear reflective clothes when jogging or biking at night.
- Keep headphones at a low volume if you wear them while walking or jogging.
- Don’t text and walk or drive. Remind friends to put down their phones while driving.
- Don’t drink alcohol or use drugs. Don’t get in a car with a driver who has been drinking or using drugs.
- Use parents as an excuse to leave an unsafe or uncomfortable situation.
Attitude of Gratitude
8 benefits of having an attitude of gratitude include:
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- You feel more abundant.
- People multiply in value.
- You feel healthier and happier.
- Life becomes simpler
- Physical and mental health improves.
- You stop comparing yourself to others.
- You become more active rather than reactive.
Here are 5 ways to cultivate an attitude of gratitude so you can practice being grateful every day.
1. Choose to focus on appreciation
2. Choose three things to be grateful for every day
3. Surround yourself with grateful people
4. Be intentional in the present
5. Change your thinking
For more information visit here.
Fresh Start Fitness - GoNoodle
family.gonoodle.com › channels › fresh-start-fitness
Mindfulness and Meditation.
A new line of defense against violence
Relax, sleep better and wake up feeling rested with Sleep Cycle, the smart alarm clock.