Senior Scholarship Update
December 15, 2021
Recently added to above page
PolyMet Mining for Excellence Scholarship Deadline Dec 31
Win a Trip to Washington DC
Win a trip June 14-19 to Washington DC through Lake Country Power
Junior & Senior Students whose parents are members of Lake Country Power Electric Coop are eligible to apply for the Electric Cooperative Youth Tour.
Deadline: Feb 15, 2022
- ALL HS Seniors graduating in 2022 and live in a Mediacom service area are eligible. (Grand Rapids is in the service area and you do NOT have to be a Mediacom customer to apply)
- Awards are $1000; 60 students awarded last year total all states and 4 were from Minnesota.
Wabana Township Scholarship
Applicant must be a resident of Wabana Township and be pursuing their first or second year of post-secondary education in the fall of 2022. Deadline April 22, 2022 Fill out paper application:
Upcoming Dec & Jan Deadlines:
Grand Rapids Centennial Rotary Club “4-Way Test Essay” For JUNIORS & SENIORS
Deadline: Dec 15, 2021 4 Way Essay Contest Application
- Raise.me U of MN Duluth - Senior Deadline to update your profile: Dec 15
Footlocker Scholar Athletes - Deadline: Dec 17
- Itasca Community College Full Tuition Presidential Scholarship - Deadline: Dec 17
- Polymet Mining for Excellence - Deadline Dec 31
ZIPPIA DREAM JOB SCHOLARSHIP Deadline: Dec 31
- RMJ Lawyer Driving Safety Scholarship - Deadline Jan 1
- GE Regan Foundation Scholarship - Deadline Jan 6
- Air Force ROTC Scholarships - Deadline Jan 13
- Alworth Scholarship - Deadline Jan 15
- Kiwanis Educational Foundation - see info below - Deadline Jan 21
Short descriptions are also shown on the Senior Online Scholarship Opportunities Page
REPEAT: Start working on your FAFSA
REPEAT: Win a $5000 scholarship from Discover Student Loans Sweepstakes
REPEAT LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP: Kiwanis Educational Foundation Scholarship
Grand Rapids Noon Kiwanis announces (1) $700 Scholarship from the MN-Dakotas District of Kiwanis Educational Foundation
CRITERIA: Planning to attend a school in MN, ND, SD or Superior WI after high school
- Student Information Section: **get a copy of the application in the counseling office or click here to go to the website for a printable copy**
- Student Letter should include: Introduction of yourself, a list of your academic awards, extracurricular activities, community service personally performed, organizations you belong to in your school/community and your future plans for post-secondary education. You may also include any information regarding financial need or unique family situations that increase your need for financial aid. **IMPORTANT: Your letter should focus on Community Service, not academics. They place a heavy emphasis on your PERSONAL community service out in your community.
- Letter of Recommendation: Must be from a GRHS Staff Member and addresses your character, attitude and level of responsibility.
Return the above requirements no later than Jan 21, 2022 to Heidi Clairmont in the GRHS Counseling Office to be considered for the scholarship.
REPEAT: ALWORTH SCHOLARSHIP
Alworth is offering General Scholarship Information Sessions
Learn more about the scholarship application process. You do NOT need to be applying for the Alworth to learn more about these scholarship opportunities.
January 3, 2022 - 7 p.m. General Scholarship Information Session #3
Meeting ID: 831 1631 3090 Passcode: 123456 +1 312 626 6799 US