CFMS TEAM: Together Everyone Achieves More!
January & February 2021
Welcome to Clear Fork Middle School...
Welcome to the Middle School Newsletter! It will provide information about the upcoming year and upcoming school events.
A Note From the Principal...
It is hard to believe that we are more than half way through our school year and what a year this has been! We have had many students return to face-to-face instruction so we wanted to do a few reminders about the school day...
- Students may be dropped off at 7:10am but must wait in the hallways (socially distanced) until 7:20 when they may enter the classrooms. Students should get their breakfast as soon as they enter the building.
- School dismisses at 1:10pm and students may be picked up at the side door.
- Currently the school is still receiving a grant for all student lunches to be free. We will let parents know when this status changes.
- Student movement throughout the building is limited and students spend the majority of their day in their homeroom class. Other content area teachers are zoomed in to the class or the teacher rotates into the classroom to limit student movement and exposure.
- All students participate in Physical Education 1-2 days a week and are socially distanced in the gym (or outside as weather permits).
- If a student will be absent from the building but will participate in lessons remotely, the parent still needs to call the child off of school and let us know that they wish to participate remotely.
- All students are required to have an emergency medical form and a contact card on file in the office.
As always, if you have any concerns about your child or their classes, please reach out to the office so that we can be of assistance to you and your child.
Have a great day!
Mrs. Jennifer Klaus
AR Points and Read Along
Does your child struggle with getting all of their AR Points? Does your child love listening to a book being read to them? If so, they should join our Read Along. We ask that the student get a copy of the book from the school library and they follow along as Mrs. Cooperrider reads the book "The Giver". Students may test on the book for AR points regardless of their reading level or grade level. Please see the picture below for more information!
February 15 Presidents Day- No School
February 18 Parent-Teacher Conferences from 8am-6pm
February 18 REMOTE DAY for students
February 19 Interim Reports posted to Progress Book
March 14 Day Light Savings Time
March 19 Quarter 3 Ends
March 26 Report Cards Posted to Progress Book
March 29- April 2 SPRING BREAK
Remote Learning Day and Conferences
February 18th will be a REMOTE LEARNING DAY for ALL STUDENTS in the district. The staff will be conducting parent teacher conferences from 8am to 6pm on Thursday. If you have not made an appointment for a conference and would like to set one up, please call the office at 419-886-3111. Please make sure your child is logging in on Thursday starting with morning announcements at 7:40am. All assignments for the day will be posted on Google Classroom.
State Testing Dates
ELA Part 1 April 6
ELA Part 2 April 8
Math all parts April 26 (Those receiving extended time: April 26 Part 1 & April 27 Part 2)
Science all parts April 29 (Those receiving extended time: April 29 Part 1 & April 30 Part 2)
Make up testing will be done as needed for students who missed the original testing date(s)
Remote students will report to school on testing days to their assigned area to take the state assessments. More information will be distributed as we get closer to April.