Miss. Parker's Pals
K-5 Field Trip - Greenville Zoo
- Students: $2.00
- Chaperons: Extra $1.00 (in need of three chaperons!)
***All money should be attached to the student's signed Permission slip. Permission slips due on September 1st!
What Will we be Doing?
*Exploring an animal's:
* Talking about appropriate pets
* Learning about how animals move
* Learning about different animal habitats/homes
* Learning specific facts about specific animals
What Type of Animals Will We See?
Students will see and understand different types of habitats each organism lives in. For example, a giant tortoise lives on dry land.
Students will witness different shapes and sizes of organisms. For example, this elephant is one of the larger sizes.
Again, students will see and understand different types of habitats each organism lives in. For example, this alligator lives in water.
State Standards Covered:
- K-2.1 Recognize what organisms need to stay alive (including air, water, food, and shelter).
- K-2.2 Identify examples of organisms and nonliving things.
- K-2.3 Match parents with their offspring to show that plants and animals closely resemble their parents.
- K-2.4 Compare individual examples of a particular type of plant or animal to determine that there are differences among individuals.
- K-2.5 Recognize that all organisms go through stages of growth and change called life cycles.