April 17th – 28th
The Thornhill Read-a-thon officially starts today, Monday, April 17th, with a kick-off assembly. Throughout the next two weeks we have a ton of fun events planned!
· Dine-Out Kick off at The Star, 3425 Grand Ave., Oakland, on Tuesday, April 18th from 5-9 p.m. 20% of the proceeds go back to Thornhill! http://www.thestarongrand.com/.
· Pajama Night Read-In, Thursday, April 20th from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. with cookies and hot chocolate in the multi-purpose room.
· Celebration Dine-Out at Fenton’s Creamery on Tuesday, May 2nd from 6-10 p.m.
***Please note - look out for a flyer/coupon for this special to be sent home on May 1st in your child's backpack.***
· The class that raises the most donations will receive an ice cream party!
· The class with the most reading minutes will receive a pizza party courtesy of Mr. Daubenspeck!
Every student was sent home with a flyer that contains a unique code for each student and instructions on how to set up an individual Read-a-thon page. The sooner the page is set up, the sooner we can start reaching our overall fundraising goal of $25,000.
Setting up the fundraising page is very simple: Sponsors donate directly through your child’s webpage, and leave fun and motivating messages while they’re at it. The more sponsors, the more prizes for your student, and the more funding for all the great programs we have at Thornhill—including our librarian and literacy programs.
Be on the lookout for fundraising challenges from our very own teachers and staff, including Principal Daubenspeck. if we reach our goal, he may have to dye his hair Thornhill blue – GO THUNDERBIRDS!
Thanks for supporting the Read-a-thon!
Adimika Arthur and Maura Hennessy