Goddess of love and beauty
Aphrodite by Addysen Clyde
I chose Aphrodite because she represents love, desire, and beauty. My favorite thing she represents is beauty. Her symbols are the dove, sparrow, and a rose. My favorite symbol is the rose. Aphrodite was known to be the best looking goddess. She was always said to be dressed nice. She also loved wearing jewelry. She is an immortal goddess. Immortal means always living ; never dying or decaying. Her parents could be Zeus and Dionne, but some say she rose from the sea. Not everyone agrees with Zeus and Dionne being her parents, so most go with her rising from the sea. In my personal opinion I believe she rose from the sea. She also had several kids, seven to be exact, with her spouse Hephaestus. Although she was not loyal to Hephaestus.
1. There are two accounts of her birth. According to one she is the daughter of Zeus and Dionne, how ever the other account says she rose from the sea on a giant scallop.
2. She married Hephaestus, but she had an affair with her brother Ares.
3. Apart from her beauty she also had a magical shell to make people desire her.
4.In ancient Greek Aphrodite means arisen from the foam.
5.Aphrodite loved wearing jewelry.
6. She was also known as a protector of sailors.
7. Her holy tree was the myrtle, while her holy birds were the dove, the swan, and the sparrow.
8. She was also known to be the most attractive goddess.
9. Her children were Eros, Himeros, Pothos, Phobos, Deimos, Armonia, and Nymph Rhode.
10.She always dressed elegantly.