Week of: April 23 - April 27
I often get asked by kids, people that are not in the profession, etc., "What do you do exactly?" The answer to this question by ALL educators is very similar - what don't I get to do? This is the INCREDIBLE thing about working with students on a daily basis! As teachers, you are charged with the INCREDIBLE opportunity to make a difference in a child's life daily. There is no job bigger than the job you do day in and day out!
This time of year as the going gets tough, the tough have to get going in order to continue to make the best happen everyday for each and everyone of our young boys and girls. It is important to not only support our students, but also each other! We are truly a family, we spend more waking hours together during a work week than most can say they spend with their family at home. It is important that we continue to love, encourage and support each other throughout!
There are lots of fun and engaging activities that we all GET to do in the coming weeks! Let's go out with a bang! See all the details/information below!
With an intentional focus of consistency on being curious & crazy for kids you will ALWAYS find a culture that is student focused!
Have a great week!
- April 24 - Faculty Meeting - Media Center - 3PM
- April 26- April 27 - Field Day (See Specifics Below)
- April 27 - Last Day for Volunteers/Lunch Visitors
- April 28 - 1st Annual #MESrocks Day (9-12)
- May 16 - Kona Ice - Students will be able to purchase during Recess
- May 21 - District Field Day (RHHS)
GMAS Lunch Schedule - Follow ALL of Week 1 and only Monday-Wednesday for Week 2.
Below I have listed a few reminders so that they can be kept at the forefront as you plan and execute your daily tasks!
- Need a Substitute? Be sure that you have entered your absence in AESOP as well as notified your grade level admin and Ms. Lane! Personal Leave will not be approved without 3 days notice - Substitutes are a hot commodity and should be secured in advance if you are utilizing personal leave. *Emergency Sub Plans should always be prepared in the case you have an emergency!
- Money? Please ensure that all money is accounted for daily and that it never stays in your room overnight. MyPaymentsPlus has been a big help with this, but we still need to be cognizant of this as we collect money.
- Lunch - Please be on time, the flow and cleaning procedures are not able to flow efficiently and effectively when students are not picked up on time. Thank you in advance!
- Communication w/Parents -If a student is consistently not meeting the expectation whether it be academically or behaviorally please be certain you are contacting those parents by phone and that you are able to talk to an actual person and not an answering machine.We are a team and will work together to support the needs of our students, if you have questions or need assistance please let me know! NO Surprises!
Have an INCREDIBLE Week!
Curriculum Review Survey - Due 4/27/18
The Curriculum Review Consultants would like to gather feedback from you on your experience as an educator in Bryan County Schools. Your feedback is part of a district-wide study of teaching and learning across the district. An external team will be conducting surveys and interviews, observing classrooms, and reviewing data from all schools in the district. The final report will inform our strategic plan and will help us continue to offer a students of Bryan County Schools a world class education. The survey is anonymous and will be useful as we continue to seek better ways to serve your student. We ask that you complete the survey by April 27, 2018.
The link to the Teacher Survey is provided below:
Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide your input.
Month of the Military Child
Making Moves at McAllister
- Received the following super awesome shout-out from a parent regarding Ms. Loncon - Job Well Done! "I just wanted to send you a quick note to give my daughter's teacher, Mrs. Loncon a “shout out”. She has been AMAZING for my oft-challenging (but mostly sweet) child this year as we wade through ADHD and other potential diagnoses, medication introductions/changes and other such things. She is always on the ball, responsive, loving and incredibly observant and we appreciate her so much. Wish we could take her with us to second grade!"
- Part teacher, part graphic designer! Ms. Taylor can always be counted on for making the good look great with her dynamic design skills! You Rock!
Resources that you may find useful...
Twitter Chats - Can't Get Enough? Check here for ALL opportunities to connect with PLN's worldwide discussing ALL things awesome in Education. https://sites.google.com/site/twittereducationchats/education-chat-calendar
Click here & start welcoming others into your class to see the amazing things you are doing!
Click this link to see all of the awesome things our teachers have posted on twitter this week. Always remember to use the #MESrocks when posting to keep these items united!