The STEAM Update
Week of October 12, 2015
What's happening around STEAM
AM Staff Development (link provides locations) https://goo.gl/kEwjzw
PM Campus PLC
School Board Meeting (6:00pm-9:00pm)
***Modified Schedule for PLC--Humanities***
PTO Board Meeting (8:30am-9:30am)
Hughes Football 7th @ Grandbury Acton (5:00pm-8:00pm), 8th vs Grandbury Acton (5:00pm-8:00pm)
Kerr Football 7th vs Everman (5:00pm-8:00pm), 8th @ Everman (5:00pm-8:00pm)
PSAT for 8th graders (6th & 7th resume normal schedule)
***We must be quiet in the hallways***
Hughes XC Meet @ HMS (4:00pm-5:00pm)
Kerr Quad County XC Meet @ Brewer (4:00pm-5:00pm)
Happy hump day!
Hughes Volleyball 7th & 8th vs Joshua Loflin (5:00pm-8:00pm)
Kerr Volleyball 7th & 8th vs Mineral Wells (5:00pm-8:00pm)
***Modified Schedule for PLC--Math/Science*** (Due to CHS pep rally)
504 Meeting (8:00am-11:00am) Mr. Johnson off campus
Choir All Region Auditions @ Crowley Summer Creek MS
Restructuring of Roles & Responsibilities
- Mrs. Nelson will assume Instructional Coaching duties for Humanities. Her primary role is to support instructional needs of teachers.
- Mrs. Lyday will be responsible for all testing and campus assessment data. She will also coordinate the campus Response to Intervention (RtI) efforts.
Instructional Rounds will move to Every 3 Weeks
Rounds will be performed as a group with Mrs. Nelson, Mrs. Lyday, Mr. Chappotin or Mr. Johnson. A maximum of two rounds will be performed during a conference period every 3 weeks.
The schedule and feedback form are in the process of being revamped based on your feedback.
The Counseling Corner
October 14th- PSAT 8/9 for 8th grade students
- 8th graders who shuttle to/from KMS or HMS will be suspended until 6th period travel. 6-7th graders who shuttle will continue as normal
- We will be on a modified schedule this day
Families in need of assistance
Also.... Please be on the look out and start sending Mrs. Harrison names if you feel that you have a student's family who could benefit from assistance over Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Please remember to attend 504 meeting and to turn in teacher input forms.
In his book Good to Great, Jim Collins explains that organizations should never loose focus of the main thing. The premise is to do one thing and do it well. Let's keep the focus on our one thing: High Quality Instruction.
Here's a review of some of the strategies that we have covered:
- Perceptual modes-Read, See, Hear, Say, Do, Write
- Kagan Structures-Think, Pair, Share & Quiz, Quiz Trade
- Learning Targets
- Fundamental Five
Weekly Parent Contacts
***The recent newsletters have been great!***