May 28, 2021
Reminders & Updates & Calendar
Reminders & Updates
- The 5th Grade Recognition Ceremony will start at 6:00 on Tuesday, June 1st at Algonquin Middle School.
- If you would like to purchase a yearbook this year. Please order it online using the following link: ybpay.lifetouch.com.
May 31st - Memorial Day - No School All Students and Teachers
June 1st - 5th Grade Recognition Ceremony - 6:00 - 7:00
June 3rd - GSRP last day
June 11th - Kindergarten Ceremony
June 14th - Half Day - PM Schedule
June 15th - Half Day - AM Schedule - Last Day for students - Teacher attends entire day
Mask Update: Outdoor School Celebrations
Dear Chippewa Valley Parents and Students,
As we approach our end-of-the-school-year celebrations, we want to share an important update on masks.
In accordance with CDC and MDHHS guidelines, masks WILL NOT be required for parents or students attending high school graduation, 8th-grade awards ceremonies, 5th-grade completion ceremonies, and other school events taking place outdoors. While some may still want to wear a mask at these school gatherings, it will be strictly optional for our families.
We ask that parents and students adhere to social distancing wherever possible while attending these celebrations.
We look forward to sharing these events and recognizing these important milestones in your child’s academic career. It has been a long time since we have been able to gather as a school community to recognize the achievements of our students.
We look forward to celebrating with you!
What's Happening in 4th Grade with Mrs. Phillips
What's Happening in Science with Ms. Samuel?
Clinton Macomb Public Library Resources for EL families
Clinton Macomb Public Library has resources that we can share with our EL families. They had great information! Here is a brief summary for our students and parents for the summer to keep them engaged in reading!
- Easy Digital Resources (document attached). This digital shelf (with links) connects families to books in their native language! As well as the Easy English Newspaper and books to help them learn English.
- Easy English Newspaper: Monthly Subscription that is free at all of their locations (Main, South, & North).
- CMPL Online Newsletter w/ events over the summer, including the Summer Reading program (both for students and adults) which begins June 12th: http://cmpl.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Summer-2021.pdf
- English Conversation Group - where adults can practice their speaking skills registration: http://cmpl.libnet.info/event/5015771 Participants can register using a library card, a Virtual Library card (a student’s ID number, and the last 4 digits of one’s phone number as the PIN) or by calling 586-226-5040.
- English Made Easy for Kids http://ow.ly/eea250zMzjV Arabic Material http://ow.ly/ZER450zMzjW – All other language materials are also available on OverDrive and Hoopla.
- CMPL Databases http://ow.ly/5OWr50zMzjU In this list, look for Pronunciator, which is a language-learning database. A library card (or student ID) is needed to access this Database.
Below you will find links to the resources
CVE Families ~ District Laptop Return Information
Student Laptop Return Procedure
All district-provided student laptops AND their power cords are due back to Clinton Valley by Thursday, June 10th. Please send them in with your student(s) on their regularly scheduled library day, following the schedule posted below. If for some reason you cannot send the equipment in with your student on the specified day, you are more than welcome to bring the equipment into the main office yourself on a day of your choice. If you do not want to wait for your scheduled day, you may also send it in or drop it off earlier. The important thing is that ALL laptops, power cords, Hot Spots, and completed CVS Computer Return Forms be returned to CVE by June 10th. Please contact Becky Koch with any questions or concerns.
Monday - Roddy, Avila, Rees, Tech, Susalla
Tuesday - Strohm
Wednesday - Rice (Laichalk), Kowalski
Thursday - Chimenti, Phillips