Annual School Performance Updates
The Annual School Performance Team is comprised of stakeholders that include the Chief Academic Performance Officer, District Administrators, Building Administrators, Instructional Coaches, Educational Staff, and Community members. It is the mission of this team to close achievement gaps in order for each and every student to achieve his or her greatest potential through safe and healthy educational experiences that adequately challenge, support and prepare them for success beyond high school.
The Annual School Performance Team will review comprehensive data and apply data driven decision making to improve Palmyra School District’s chronic absenteeism rates, decrease discipline referrals, increase graduation rates, and raise PARCC scores compared to previous years. Additionally, under the guidance of the Chief Academic Performance Officer, Instructional Coaches will increase the opportunity for success for teachers and students by inspiring excellence in the teaching profession. Instructional coaches support teachers and provide opportunities for reflection of their instruction, professional growth, collaboration and implementation of effective practices that will foster student growth and positive change in school culture.
The P.A.W.S Mentoring Program strives to foster positive relationships between public
school students and teacher mentors. The mentors seek to support families and help improve the students' chance of succeeding academically and socially.
The Goals of the P.A.W.S. Program
· Change student paradigms and develop positive attitudes toward school
· Increase academic achievement
· Develop positive peer relationships
· Improve student attendance and/or lateness.
· Reduce discipline infractions and improve student behaviors
· Boost levels of self-confidence and inspire self-determination skills
The Objectives of the P.A.W.S. Program
· To provide positive role models for identified youth.
· Enhance the self-esteem of students by providing positive feedback and support services.
· Encourage the academic success of students in at-risk situations.
· Problem-solve behavioral concerns and seek to implement positive behavior supports.
· Identify attendance/lateness concerns and provide resources and supports to resolve chronic absenteeism.