TWHS Orchestra News Letter
October and November Update
Between us and the end of the semester we have:
- Region Orchestra Auditions on Oct 18th
- HS Night at the Opera Trip Oct 26th
- Halloween Concert Dress Rehearsal for Chamber and Concert on Oct 27 3-5 PM
- Halloween Concert Dress Rehearsal for Camerata, Symphony, and Chamber on Oct 29th 3-5 PM
- Halloween Concert on Oct 29th at 7 PM
- All State Auditions on Oct 30th at College Park HS
- CISD 9th-10th Grade Honor Orchestra at Grand Oak HS on Nov 1-2
- Region Orchestra Rechair Audition on Nov 15th
- Region Orchestra Clinic and Concert at Klein Forest on Nov 19-20th
- Holly Jolly Jingle at the Pavilion on Dec 2nd (Chamber, Concert, and Mariachi Ensembles)
- Holiday Mosaic Concert Tech/Decoration Dec 3rd from 3-5 PM
- Holiday Mosaic Concert Dress Rehearsal Dec 4th 10 AM- 5 PM (More info and specific timings to come latter)
- Holiday Mosaic Concert Dec 4th at 7 PM
- Choir Concert Dress Rehearsal Dec 6th 3:15-5 PM (Chamber only)
- Choir Concert Dec 7th 7 PM (Chamber only)
- Trans Siberian Tribute Tech/ Decoration Dec 10th 3-8 PM
- Trans Siberian Dress Rehearsal Dec 11th 10 AM- 2 PM
- Trans Siberian Tribute Concert Dec 11th 7 PM
This is A LOT to keep up with, so please make sure to read this whole news letter, keep the link to this news letter to reference latter, and make sure to check BAND.
Students need to a costume based off music they are performing OR the Orchestra T-shirt, with DARK Jeans and black socks/shoes.
Parents please plan on arriving at TWHS between 6 and 6-45 for the Concert. We plan on having Chick-Fil-A On Campus selling dinner during that time.
- 3-5 PM Chamber and Concert Halloween Concert Dress Rehearsal
- 2:30-6 PM Officers Set up and Decorate Stage and Front Foyer
- 2:45 PM Chamber Orchestra arrival in ORCHESTRA ROOM (Bring performance clothes and a snack, you will change latter)
- 2:45 PM Symphony and Camerata arrival in LGI 2 (Bring performance clothes and a snack, you will change latter)
- 3:00-5:00 PM Chamber, Symphony, Camerata Rehearsal on Stage
- 5:00-6:15 PM Chamber, Symphony, Camerata Dinner Break and Change ( you can pre-order a chick-fil-a dinner to eat at this time (see below) or bring your own dinner. YOU ARE NOT TO LEAVE CAMPUS DURING THIS TIME
- 6:15 Concert Orchestra Arrival in ORCHESTRA ROOM (WEAR YOUR PERFORMANCE CLOTHES)
- 6:15- 6:45 PM Tune and Warm Up in Holding Rooms (Symphony and Camerata LGI 2, Concert and Chamber Orchestra Room)
- 6:45 PM Act 1 performers take the stage, Act 2 performers take seats in the auditorium NO PHONES ON STAGE OR IN THE AUDITORIUM
- 7-8:30PM Concert STARTS
- 8:30-9 PM ALL ORCHESTRA MEMEBERS STAY TO CLEAN UP!
Halloween Concert Dinner Pre-order for student performers
We are offering a pre-ordered dinner from Chick-Fil-A for our student performers at this concert. This way, most students, do not need to spend their dinner break waiting in the line for Chick-Fil-A. Students in Chamber, Symphony, and Camerata who have rehearsal after school before the concert, should seriously consider this opportunity, as they are not allowed off campus between the rehearsal and the concert.
Orders needs to be placed by 6pm on Monday 10/25 so we can place the catering order and arrange for pick up. Students will pick up from Booster club table at 5 pm.
To pre-order: Box lunch with a choice of sandwich or nuggets (regular or grilled) includes chips, cookie and bottled water for $10
1. Click this link
2. Select Sandwich, Nuggets or Grilled Nuggets https://checkout.square.site/merchant/VEVVHSC9KBWKE/checkout/LHYDNRHNBITWK63452RMAO3F
3. Enter Note with Student Name
4. Complete payment
5. Send receipt with student if possible, we will have a list of orders but this will help!
If you have problems or questions feel free to reach out to Courtney.Llamas@gmail.com.
AGAIN THIS PRE-ORDER IS FOR STUDENT PERFORMERS ONLY!
As usual for our Concerts, we will also have Chick-Fil-A selling food for our audience members, families, and students in the Front Foyer as well.
This is also a great option for family, friends, or alumni of TWHS Orchestra who live out of town. Live Streams start 10 minutes before each concert.
If you miss any concert, a recording of the live stream is eventually posted to our website www.TWHSOrchestra.org
All students and parents should have an email and cell phone number registered in CHARMS. Some students and families have still not entered this information, Please take a few minutes to log into to CHARMS, and make sure your information is up to date. While you are logged in, you can also pay your Activity Fee under the financial tab.
To Log into Charms, please click the button below. Then click log in.
Our School Code is: woodlandsorch, and the password is what you created. If you need a link to reset your password, please email Mr. Michaelson.
PLease email Mr. Michaelson with any issues you have accessing CHARMS.
ORCHESTRA FEES ARE PAST DUE! If you still need to pay for this year, please do so ASAP, or contact Mr. Michaelson with any financial concerns.
The Orchestra Fee remains the same this year at $260. If you have multiple students in the program there is a discount. Please email Mr. Michaelson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns or financial issues. This fee can be paid online through CHARMS under the financial tab.
Please fill out the form below, or send this form to the manager of your favorite local business.
Band App for PARENTS ONLY
Band App For Students
2021-2022 Concert Schedule
Friday Oct 29 Halloween Concert
Thursday Dec 2 Holly Jolly Jingle at CWM Pavilion (Concert & Chamber)
Saturday Dec 4 Holiday Mosaic Concert (All except Concert)
Saturday Dec 11 11th Annual Trans Siberian Tribute Concert (Concert & Chamber)
Thursday-Saturday Jan 20-22 School Musical
Thursday Jan 27 Solo and Ensemble Recital
Saturday Jan 29 Solo and Ensemble Competition
Saturday Mar 26 Spring Classics Concert
Tuesday-Thursday Mar 29-31 UIL Concert and Sight-reading Evaluation
Thursday-Sunday April 27- May 1 Orchestra Spring Trip - Nashville/Memphis
Tuesday May 10 Orchestra Banquet at The Woodlands Country Club
Saturday May 14 Down the Great whiteway: Music of Broadway and Senior Send Off
6 FLAGS TRIP on November 6th
High School Night at the Opera
3:30-4:45 PM: Gather in the Orchestra Room and eat a catered dinner from Olive Garden.
4:45 PM- 5 PM: Load the bus
5 PM Depart TWSH
7 PM The Show Starts
9-9:30 PM Show ends and depart for TWHS
10-10:30 PM Arrive back at TWHS
Memphis and Nashville Trip
Use this link to access the updated itinerary, pricing, and all other details: https://greenlight.grcoll.co/go/whs22tn
ALL STUDENTS NEED NEW STRINGS AND A REHAIRED BOW YEARLY!
Lisle Violin will also be on campus on during our 1st concert on September 11th.
Call Lisle Violin: (346) 236-6650
Call Fishburn: (281) 290-4580
Parent Information Meeting
Follow this link to pay: https://twhs.conroeisd.net/school/our-campus/school-webstore/
This fee is due by September 15th, 2021.
New Mariachi Ensemble
Join the Mariachi Band below
CISD 9th and 10th Grade Honor Orchestra
For those students that made the ensemble, they will have a clinic on Monday November 1st, and then a concert on Tuesday November 2nd, where they will work with other students from across the district and Mrs. Carolyn Vandiver, our favorite clinician. Both of these events will take place at Grand Oaks High School. Check the folder of music your received for more information and a detailed schedule.
Please see Mr. Michaelson or Mr. Madonia if you have any questions.
September 2nd Region Orchestra Audition Material Update
Here are the final audition cuts for those auditioning for Region Orchestra Audition on October 18th.
Rode/Galamian – Etude No. 6, Moderato Beginning to the downbeat of meas. 25. Quarter Note = 100 – 110
*Fiorillo/Galamian – Etude No. 22, Adagio Measure 22 through measure 38. Quarter Note = 58 - 70
*Mazas/Mogill – Etude 18, Andante grazioso Measure 29 to the downbeat of measure 43. Dotted Quarter Note = 39 - 46
Campagnoli/Peters, Etude No. 15 – Allegro Moderato Beginning to the downbeat of meas. 32. Quarter Note = 66 - 72
*Popper/Stuch – Etude No. 22, Andante grazioso Beginning to the down beat of meas. 23. Quarter Note = 90 – 104
Duport/Schirmer – Etude No. 9, Allegro moderato Measure 17 to the downbeat of Measure 41 Quarter Note = 76 - 90
Storch-Hrabe/Zimmerman – Etude No.22, Poco piu Allegro Beginning to measure the downbeat of 64. Quarter Note = 70 - 78
Storch-Hrabe/Zimmerman – Etude No.28, Andante Beginning to the downbeat of 25 Quarter Note = 60 - 72
Scarlatti/Alfred – Sonatas, Volume 1 K.421/L.252 Measure 107 – Downbeat of 132 Quarter Note = 86-96
Mendelssohn/Alfred – Song Without Words Op. 62, No. 5 Measure 35 to the end Eighth Note = 130 - 140
Solo and Ensemble Contest
All solos and ensembles MUST be from the Texas Prescribed Music List found at: https://www.uiltexas.org/pml/
Mr. Madonia and I will help students pick ensembles, if they are interested in performing an ensemble. Students wanting to perform a solo should work with their private teacher to pick a an appropriate solo.