Early Presidential Challenges.
What they went through was more challenging than you think.
Why was it so challenging to be President during the early years of the United States?
- People had different views.
- They had conflict with the French and British. Because they were attacking the U.S. ships.
- They had to fight wars, that means they needed to by weapons and other supplies.
- They didn't have very much money, so they couldn't have an active army. Having a national army would take away there liberty.
- Most of all they have to "take care" of a pretty much brand new country, by themselves. The President has to make sure he makes the right decisions or the country could fall apart.
Jefferson made a deal with with the French and British to stop attacking American ships, and the U.S. would stop trade with their enemies.
First two presidents
Thomas Jefferson and George Washington
We have liberty and freedom, in the United States of America.
Attack of American ships
The French and The British destroying American ships.