Hailey Parent Update
Reopening Update - August 21, 2020
- 25 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
- 27 Parent Information Night meetings : PK-2 5:15-6:00 pm, 3rd & 4th 6:15-7:00 pm
- 27 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
- 31 Hailey PTA Meeting Zoom 6:00pm
- 1 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
- 3 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
- 7 Labor Day - School Holiday
- 8 Traditional In-Person instruction begins on campus / Remote Instruction continues at home for families that selected Online Learning.
- 8 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
- 10 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
17 Hailey PTA Spirit Night @ Torchy's Tacos 3:00-7:00pm
Roadmap to Reopening
Our parents are valued partners in our Roadmap to Reopening Plan. In addition to wearing cloth face coverings, social distancing, washing hands, and regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces, an essential element in helping slow the spread of COVID-19 at school is each parent’s commitment to screening their child daily for symptoms. Parents are also asked to keep any student exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 at home and to notify the campus. At the bottom on the newsletter is a copy of the current screening process which outlines the symptoms. Please review the information and be sure to keep your child at home if he/she is exhibiting any of the symptoms described.
Please note that all campuses are closed to visitors at this time to help stop the spread of COVID-19. If you must visit a campus, we ask that you screen yourself prior to leaving your home. All visitors that come on a campus/facility will be required to use the Access Intercom system or call the front office from their vehicle. Once the reception area identifies the person and their need to be on campus, they will be allowed in the building. All visitors will be required to sign in using the visitor program. Each visitor will be asked the screening questions. If a “yes” response is given to one of the questions, the visitor will be asked to leave the campus immediately.
Parent/teacher conferences, ARDS, 504 meetings etc. will be held virtually or by telephone when possible.
Thank you for helping to keep our school community safe.
CISD Ramp Up Re-Entry Plan
The option to select Online or In person learning deadline was July 28th. Families are asked to make any changes to their instructional selection at the end of the 9 week grading period.
Hailey will begin ramping up schools by gradually bringing students who chose Traditional In Person Learning. Students will re-enter in person according to this schedule:
August 26 - August -28 (No YMCA After school Daycare)
- 1st grade
August 31-September 4 (No YMCA After school Daycare)
- 1st grade
August 31 (No YMCA After school Daycare)
- Grades 2, 3, 4: Only students with last name beginning A-C
September 1 (No YMCA After school Daycare)
- Grades 2, 3, 4: Only students with last name beginning D-J
September 2 (No YMCA After school Daycare)
- Grades 2, 3, 4: Only students with last name beginning K-Q
September 3 (No YMCA After school Daycare)
- Grades 2, 3, 4: Only students with last name beginning R-Z
YMCA After school Daycare begins September 8 - Parents must pre-register students with the YMCA.
CISD Level 3: Students in grades 3-12 are required to wear face coverings in all areas, including classrooms, and when social distancing of at least 6 ft. is not possible. Students in grades PreK-2 are asked to wear face coverings. All students (PreK-12) will wear face coverings, as developmentally appropriate and feasible, on buses, during transitions, and in school common areas.
- Face coverings will be required for all staff and all students grades PK-4.
- Masks with vents or valves are not allowed.
- Students will have the option to wear face coverings even when not required.
- Each student will be assigned a lanyard with a ring to attach their mask. The lanyards will be left at school.
- Recess: Students will transition to recess wearing a mask. students outside actively playing are not required to wear masks; if students are standing and talking, they are required to wear masks.
Requirements for returning to campus:
- The return to school is for families who selected In Person Learning. If parents chose Distance or Remote Learning, students will not return to school on August 26.
- Items cannot be delivered to the school, including lunches. Students who do not bring a lunch will purchase a lunch in the cafeteria.
Parents, please consider the following as your children return to school...
- Pack items in your child's lunch that they are able to open independently to avoid contact transfer to food items.
- Send your child to school with a full water bottle labeled with their name.
- Consider shoes with velcro or straps if your child cannot tie their own shoes.
New Dismissal Procedures for Car Riders and Walkers
Adults who do not have their child's bar code at dismissal time will need to wait in line to get a dismissal tag. To avoid this inconvenience, please print the bar code and bring it with you. Each family will be given 2 dismissal tags. Additional tags can be purchased for $1 per tag.
Please click the ink to request assistance for school supplies, food and clothing assistance, and emotion support.
Important login reminder-
We are excited about our new website and hoping during these virtual times it can be our go to resource for all things Hailey PTA. Create an account to stay connected!
- August 31, 2020 @ 6:00pm
- September 16, 2020
- October 21, 2020
- November 25, 2020
- December 16, 2020
- January 27, 2021
- February 4, 2021
- March 24, 2021
- April 14, 2021
- May 12, 2021
Meal Distribution and Lunch Changes - Please Review!
Meal and Lunch Changes
- Free Curbside Meal Distribution will continue Tuesday/ Thursday 10-12 through August 11 at Caney Creek High, Oak Ridge High and Sam Houston Elementary.
- Beginning Thursday, August 13, breakfast and lunch meals will be available curbside at Hailey Elementary for students to purchase or free to students who qualify.
- Meals will be available on the bus ramp Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 a.m. until noon
- Multiple meals will be distributed on pick up days.
- Tuesday: 2 breakfast meals/ 2 lunch meals
- Thursday: 3 breakfast meals/ 3 lunch meals
- A student meal card located in Parent Access must be presented to scan and identify the student when meals are picked up.
- This can be printed on paper or presented electronically on a phone.
- No change will be made for cash transactions- any change will be applied to student's meal account. Pre-payments can be made at www.myschoolbucks.com
- Meal prices and the free and reduced meal application are available on the child nutrition website. https://www.conroeisd.net/department/child-nutrition/
- This information will be available on the district website and social media in English and Spanish.
- The drop date for students to use Free and Reduced benefits from last year is September 24. After this, students will be a "paid status" until a new application is completed.
- Pre K students are not automatically free this year. An application is required.
CISD Parent Access Center
By logging into Parent Access, you can check your child's grades, assignments, and attendance.
If you do not have an account, please register for one.
To access your child’s information online you must register for an account.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Hailey Elementary Theme for 2020-2021
Click for a handy guide of at-home Arts activities from all across the Arts community. New links will be added each day.
Sam K. Hailey Elementary
12051 Sawmill Road The Woodlands, TX 77380
Office: 832-663-4100 Fax: 832-663-4199 Bus Barn: 832-592-8800
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.