Chisholm Summer Adventures
Week 8: The Olympics
PK-2 Olympic Fun
Read books about different types of sports in the Olympics. Create your own Olympic activities at home. Who will get the gold?
PK-5 Create Your Own Olympics Events
Create your own Olympic events. Keep a record of data, such as the time it takes to finish a race, how far you can jump, how many times you can skip rope without missing. Put the numbers in order from least to greatest or compare two numbers using the correct symbols. Make a graph of your data to share with family and friends.
PK-5 History of the Olympics
The Olympic games are an important event held every four years. Was your favorite activity one of the original games? Ask an adult to help you find out.
PK-5 Kids Yoga Stories
Books and summer olympics yoga poses for kids.
PK-5 IXL Challenge of the Week
In the month of July, Chisholm Chargers have answered 6,357 IXL questions!
PK-2 Digital Citizenship
Watch the video about the digital trail and discuss the following questions with an adult at home:
1. In the video, Feet talked about digital footprints. What is a digital footprint?
2. What information does Feet say not to share online?
3. What is an example of private information?
4. What information does Feet think is OK to share online?
3-5 Digital Citizenship
Check out the video about online news articles. Discuss these questions with an adult at home:
1. Why do you think it's important to know the different parts of an online news article and website?
2. What are some things to look out for when reading a news article online?
*from Common Sense Media
Free Summer Meals
| || |
Chisholm News and Notes
Send photos of you and/or your siblings working on your Chisholm Summer Adventures to email@example.com. You may see yourself published in next week's learning adventure newsletter.