Sunkist March Newsletter
Para traducir oprima "translate newsletter"
2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration begins March 1st!
- Birth Certificate with parent(s) valid ID
- Immunization Record
- Physical Exam
- Dental Exam
- Utility Bill
Dear Sunkist Families,
We are very excited to be able to welcome students back to campus for in-person learning!
Sunkist staff members have been working vey hard to prepare our school, classrooms and playgrounds to safely re-open for our students!
- March 29, Kindergarten, Grade 1
- April 5 – 16 – Spring Break
- April 19 – Grades 2 - 5
Here are some frequently asked questions for our school reopening:
- What if my student is not feeing well? Keep your child home if they do not feel well. (Temperature of 99.5 or above please stay home) Speak to your student about the importance of following the school's safety protocols including: Wearing a mask-to cover both nose and mouth while at school. Keeping distance from peers. Washing hands well often or using hand sanitizer
- What group is my child in? What days will they be attending school? If your child is in Cohort A: they attend school on campus Monday and Wednesday and Remote days are: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. If you child is in Cohort B: they attend school on campus Tuesday and Thursday and Remote days are: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. *Please note* If you have specific questions about the cohort your child is in, please call the office.
- Should I wait until my child goes through the gates before I leave? Yes, please do a passive screening before bringing your child to school to check for fever. Once the students arrive, campus assistants will also do an active screening to check for fever. If their temperature is above 99.5, then they will not be able to stay at school.
- Should my child bring a snack to school? Yes, you are welcome to send a snack with your child. There will also be a snack provided from our cafeteria during a 20 minute nutrition break. This snack will be at no additional cost to our families.
- What if I forgot my mask or lost it? We will have disposable masks on our campus and in our classrooms.
- Can my child wear a face shield with a mask? Yes. As long as the face shield is not a distraction we welcome both face coverings.
- Can I come on campus and walk my child to their classroom? No, at this time, we are not having any family members on campus. We understand that this could be a challenging time for some of our students, however for contact tracing purposes we cannot welcome families at this time.
- Does my child have to wear a school uniform? No, students will not have to wear a school uniform for the remainder of this school year, but if you have one it is encouraged.
- What does my child need to bring with them to school? Your student's teacher will inform you what they will need to bring with them.
- What are the new school office hours? Monday-Friday 7:30-4:00 PM, outside of these hours, by appointment only.
We will continue to keep you updated and informed as quickly as possible. Please stay tuned!
Author Jean Hersey stated, "In March winter is holding back and spring is pulling forward. Something holds and something pulls inside of us too." We too are are struggling with the desire to return to in-person instruction, but having to make sure that every precaution is followed to keep all students and staff safe. Hopefully this month will bring some clarity to our future....
Gratitude: I'd like to take a moment to express gratefulness for our students, parents, and staff. It has been a very unique and, at times, difficult school year so far. Thank you to our students and their perseverance, our parents for your support and our staff for all of the amazing things you do everyday!