Sierra Family Newsletter December 3, 2021
Message from the Principal
Thank you to all of our awesome families who attended parent conferences. We are honored and take very seriously our role of being part of your child's team, and together with you, through open lines of communication and support, we want the absolute best outcome for each and every shark here at Sierra!
It is my greatest concern that each of your children make the academic progress through their mastery of the basic skills they learn in elementary school that are essential to the foundation for success in middle and high school and their lives beyond 12th grade! Your partnership in their schooling makes a huge difference in that effort! So, thank you!
We continue our focus on perseverance this month through our new social-emotional curriculum.
Next week, our 2nd - 6th graders will be taking a very important academic benchmark assessment, the NWEA MAP assessment. 2nd graders test only in reading, and 3rd - 6th graders take two assessments, one for reading and one for math. We administer these assessments every year at the beginning, middle, and end of the year to monitor our students' growth and evaluate the effectiveness of our academic programs. These assessments are also predictive in determining if a student will meet the state standards for their grade level by the end of the year.
Please help support this effort by ensuring your student is on time to school and has a good night's rest each night. If your child is absent we provide make-up test sessions, so not to worry.
You will also see information today about our PTC's new effort to get Sierra students in need some holiday gifts, including clothes, shoes, and wish list items like toys/books! Keep your eye out for their flier if you'd like to participate in this awesome opportunity. There is both a digital version with clickable links that is noted in the PTC Corner, below, and a paper version coming home soon!
Thank you for all your support!
Amy Westberg, Principal
Want to get use of a free Chromebook for your child?
Are you cleared to volunteer?
- Fingerprinting completed for RUSD specifically. Prior fingerprinting done for any agency or organization other than RUSD will not be accepted. Fingerprinting takes approximately 72 hours to clear.
- Current Tuberculosis Test (TB). TB tests expire every 4 years and must be renewed in order to volunteer. TB Tests take approximately 48-72 hours for results and results must be brought to the office.
State of California Policy:
- Vaccination status or proof of a current negative COVID test uploaded to the link included in the email from Informed K12. If you have not received this email, please let the office know. Details about this are included in the Informed K12 email.
To check your volunteer status, please call the office or email our Secretary, Kimberly Ervin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELPING SIERRA FAMILIES
Check Friday folders this week or this link for details on how to help Sierra families get what they need.
SUPPORT THE PTC WHILE HOLIDAY SHOPPING
Follow these two easy steps to support the Sierra PTC as you holiday shop (or anytime) through AmazonSmile. There is no additional cost to you.
To get started,
(1) Go to smile.amazon.com or activate AmazonSmile in the Amazon Shopping app on your iOS or Android phone in the Settings or Programs & Features menu.
(2) Search and select “Sierra Elementary Parent Teacher Club” (Rocklin, CA) as the charitable organization.
That’s it! Now watch AmazonSmile donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the Sierra PTC. THANK YOU!
PTC BOARD MEETING NEXT WEDNESDAY
Join us next Wednesday for the final PTC meeting of 2021.
Date: December 8
Details: Zoom (meeting id: 884 5774 2648, pw: sharks).
Add to your calendar: PTC Calendar invite
Wishing all our Sierra Shark families a great weekend,
Your Sierra PTC
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
12/17/251 - Minimum Day: Kinder Release Time 12:10pm/1st-6th Release Time 12:20pm
12/20/21 - 1/3/22 - Winter Break No School
1/17/22 - Martin Luther King Day No School
Click this button for a video and more details. Share with your friends with school-ready little ones!
Check out our weekly announcements videos shared with students every Monday morning!
Lunch may be picked up for RVC students from 11:30 - 12:00 Monday - Friday from our school cafeteria. Our Nutrition Services Website has the menu for the month so your shark knows what they will be sinking their teeth into each day.