Newsletter Week 4 Term 2 2022
St Joseph's Catholic School Morrinsville - MAY 24th
We had 60 children attend the Morrinsville Netball/Rugby Fun Day today, held at Campbell Park. A special thank you to Toyah Irwin our sports coordinator for organising our teams and to the parent helpers and teachers attended. We so appreciate your support. The children loved it!
So far this term we have had thirteen families needed to isolate due to being household contacts. Please continue to test if anyone in your household is showing covid symptoms. We have RAT tests available at school that can be sent home if needed. Send a message to the office and we can sort this for you. Please contact myself email@example.com if you have any confirmed cases in your household.
100 YEARS OF MARIST EDUCATION IN HAMILTON
St John’s College Hamilton is hosting a Mass and luncheon to celebrate 100 years since the Marist Brothers opened a school in Hamilton. Mass will be held on our campus at 11am on Sunday 5th June, followed by a light luncheon and gathering. Old Boys and families who’ve had an association with Marist and St John’s College in Hamilton are all welcome. We would be very grateful if parishioners would share this invitation to people who may be interested. Please register attendance online at www.foundation.stjohns-hamilton.school.nz, or phone the College Office on 07 856 7091.
We have student-led conferences coming up shortly. We look forward to seeing you there!
Have a fantastic week, take care and God bless.
Waikato Catholic Inter-Schools Literacy Quiz
Four teams took part on behalf of St Josephs School Morrinsville, with Team Blue placed 4th equal, Team Red placed 8th equal, Team Purple placed 8th equal and Team Orange placed 15th.
A close fought battle among many of the schools which really makes them use their brain power. Well done everyone.
Thank You PFC
School House Leaders
Congratulations to our House Leaders for 2022
Alex Maddever, Madison Nickalls, Ruby Assen, Bailee Horan
Evelyn Hinton, Kate Mourits, Chloe Old, Dominika Ward
Kenneth Collins, Ezra Arnephy, Emma Butler, Carla Roskam
Mia Hyde, Sheina Bantugan, Hannah Findson, Thomas Van Leeuwen
Congratulations to our core value certificate recipients. You are shining!
- May - Month of Mary
- Cross Country training underway
- St Johns visiting Yr 8 boys on site - Wednesday, May 25th
- BOT Meeting - Wednesday May 25th
- Ascension- Thursday, May 26th
- Pizza Orders in - Wednesday, June 1st
- Pizza Day - Thursday, June 2nd
- House Spirit Hour-Friday, June 3rd
- Queens Birthday Weekend - Monday, June 6th
- Yr 7/8 Winter Tournament - Tuesday, June 7th
- Jumping June underway
- Whole School Cross Country - Wednesday, June 7th
- (postponement date June 8th)
- Student Led Parent Teacher Interviews-Wednesday, June 8th
- Student Led Parent Teacher Interviews-Tuesday, June 14th
- Inter-school Cross Country-Wednesday, June 15th
- Pizza Day - Thursday, June 23rd
- Matariki holiday observed-Friday, June 24th