Classified Substitutes

Tonasket School District

Becoming a Classified Substitute

If you have experience working with children, food service, maintenance/custodial, transportation or secretarial, we invite you to apply to Tonasket School District to work as a Classified Substitute.

How much will I be paid?

Classified Substitute salary schedule can be found on the district website's Employment tab under Benefits & Salary Schedules:

How do I apply to become a Classified Substitute?

The steps to become employed as a Classified Substitute are outlined below.

1. Contact the Tonasket School District Office to check the availability of substitute positions.

2. Contact the district office for a classified application.

3. Submit the application back to the district office. Please indicate in your letter of interest that you are interested in working as a classified substitute and your experience. This experience can be paid or volunteer experience.

4. If you are applying to be a Classified Substitute for Parapro: You must have a high school diploma or GED and must meet the Highly Qualified requirements of an AA degree or 48 semester credits or 72 quarter credits or have passed the parapro assessment test. This is not required for food service, maintenance/custodial, transportation or secretarial classified subs.

5. Transportation classified substitutes will need to have CDL Class B and an Abstract of Driving Record must be cleared.

6. Once approved, speak to the district office about completing a fingerprint background check to submit to OSPI: Fingerprints will be valid for all school districts in the state of Washington.

7. You cannot work until the district receives your fingerprint background check results.

You will then receive a contact from the district office regarding scheduling an appointment to complete hiring paperwork and orientation.