The Parkway Press
A Newsletter for Parkway Families and Friends (September)
A Reminder about Arrival
- Please do not get out of your car to help your child. If you need to exit your car, please park or pull all the way around the circle.
- Please have your child exit on the passenger side, this is for their safety!
- Students MUST be in their classrooms by 7:45 to not be counted as tardy.
If a student needs/wants to eat breakfast, he/she needs to be at school by 7:30 to give plenty of time to eat and get to class
- We will dismiss students from the cafeteria by 7:43 in order for them to be on time to class.
- If you are waiting in line to drop off, you will not be tardy even if it’s after 7:45, however, if you are pulling in and the front doors are closing/closed, your student will be tardy. If you are dropping off after 7:35, your child will need to go straight to class.
Free and Reduced Lunch
JOIN PTA TODAY!
Show your Parkway Panther Pride by joining PTA today!
Sign up online at www.joinpta.org
You can also sign up using the flyer attached to the email.
Memberships are $10.
Please make checks payable to “Parkway PTA”.
Help make your child’s years at Parkway even more fun by volunteering with us. No task is too small.
Use this link to let us know how you’d like to help.
Let's show our Parkway Pride with NEW Spirit Wear! Orders need to be placed before September 16. There are TWO ways to order:
1. Paper flyer sent back into school
2. Order and pay ONLINE through this link
A Candy Drive has started for this year’s Homecoming Parade Float!! Please take all candy donations to the Art Room with Ms. Rivera, and make sure that all candy is individually wrapped. No chocolate please. We will also need kids and adults to represent Parkway by walking with the float during the parade. Please let us know if you’re interested by emailing Katie Snodgrass at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTA SPIRIT NIGHT AT CHIPOTLE:
Support Parkway PTA by grabbing dinner at Chipotle on Wednesday, Sept. 21st, from 5pm - 9pm. Flyers will be sent home and can be shown that day. Online orders for pickup are also accepted using the code JHVE34Y.
Parkway Library-Mrs. DiBiaso
The library has been very busy! Almost everyone has checked out books this school year. Kindergarten will be bringing home their first book very soon, after we learn our rules and procedures!
I wanted to let all the families know I do not charge for lost or damaged books. If you are willing and able to make a donation to the library any time your child loses or damages a book that is greatly appreciated. Every little bit helps to keep our library full of awesome books!
Also, I will be sending out monthly email reminders of the books your child needs to return. These are just friendly reminders so you can help your child find and return books.
I am looking forward to a great year! Always feel free to email me with questions or concerns.
“A child who reads will be an adult who thinks.”– Jacqueline Kennedy
If you still need to pay for your student's I-PAD, you can do it in Skyward or come in to the front office. Thanks!
Mark Your Calendars
5- No School, Labor Day
6- National Read a Book Day
12- LISD Kindness Week
28- LHS Homecoming Parade and Pep Rally