September 23, 2022
This Friday, September 30th, we will be having our first school community event of the 22-23 school year. We will be have our school assembly on Friday morning at 8:30am and our Fall Carnival on Friday afternoon from 4:30pm - 7:30pm.
Coming up in October is Parent Teacher Conference week which will take place between October 17th-21st. Please be sure to keep an eye out for additional information on how to sign up for a conference with your student's teacher.
Traducción de boletines/Newsletter Translation
Cada boletín semanal se puede traducir fácilmente. Si está leyendo el boletín en un dispositivo móvil, haga clic en el círculo negro en la esquina inferior derecha para traducir. Si está leyendo el boletín en una computadora, haga clic en la palabra Traducir en el cuadro negro en la esquina superior derecha.
Each weekly newsletter can easily be translated. If you are reading the newsletter on a mobile device, click the black circle in the bottom right corner to translate. If you are reading the newsletter on a computer, click the word Translate in the black box in the upper right corner.
Important Dates - Mark your calendars!
September 26 - Community Facilities Master Plan Meeting (5:30pm - 6:30pm) - Adele
- September 30 - School Assembly (8:30am) & Fall Carnival (4:30pm - 7:30pm)
- October 3 - PTO Meeting (6pm - 7:30pm) - Library
- October 6 - School Site Council Meeting (3:10pm - 4:10pm) - Library
- October 13 - ELAC Meeting (3:10pm - 4:10pm) - Library
Fall Carnival Friday 9/30
On Friday 9/30, all Prestwood Families are invited to attend the Fall Carnival. There will be lots of fun events for students of all ages.
Sign Up Information:
- Click this link access the volunteer sign up: https://signup.com/go/WLxoAYs
- Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to create an account or remember a password.
Note: SignUp does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Panthers Love to Read!
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
SVUSD Facilities Master Plan - Parent Participation
To develop a deeper understanding of how our school campuses can better support our students, staff, and community, Sonoma Valley Unified School District has started the process to develop a long-range Facilities Master Plan. The team that has been hired to develop the plan will be hosting a series of community meetings and the meetings will be grouped by feeder pattern. Our school community will have a meeting with the planning team at Adele Harrison Middle School at 5:30pm on Monday, September 26 to share your thoughts. This will be a great opportunity to learn more about the plan and provide input on the guiding principles that will help shape the development of the plan. Please see the flyer below with the meeting information.
If you are not able to make this meeting, this will not be the only chance to engage with the team. Additionally, we encourage all families to fill out this brief anonymous survey SVUSD Project Kick-Off Survey. This information goes directly to the planning team and will be used to better understand the district and your priorities.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing directly from you.
Pictures from Talk Like a Pirate Day
Attendance Awareness Month
Good attendance is essential to your student's academic success. SVUSD has joined a nationwide effort to celebrate Attendance Awareness Month in September and pledged to raise awareness about the value of regular school attendance.
COVID Antigen Testing - Sign Up Link
Prestwood Sign Up Link: https://home.color.com/covid/sign-up/start?partner=CSE2771-Student
Blue Ticket Winners
- Gregory B, Jimena E, Melody J, Caleb M, Bonnie M, Mary Claire R, Jace T, Layla W, Linnea W, Esme Z
- Giselle A, Camden E, Eliana G, Jackson G, Madeline M, Nellie N, Tshering S, Harrison W
- Emma A, Maxime A, Luke B, Elliott B, Zoe G, Azure G, Jack H, Barbarajean H, Emiliano H, Santi M, Dominic M, Cenzo P, Joey James R, Andrew R, Iylie V, Westin W, Joey W
- Isabella A, Jesus A, Tonanzy A, Joel C, Jacob G, Nico G, Sully G, Tess H, Layla J, Landry L, Kellan M, Jacob M, Enzo M, Max P, Kelly R, Scarlett R, Eli S, Jackson S, Sigrid T, Nils W, Cezanne Z
- Austin B, Lily D, Shiori F, Pierre F, Sofia G, Ashlyn L, Alex M, Madeline N, Lucia O, Victoria S, Quinn S, Teagan V, Angel Y
- Blake A, Matisse A, Alex B, Isla B, Gavin B, Connor C, Izabella C, Chloe Anne C, Nathan D, Brandon D, Caleb D, Iris F, Nico L, Benson L, Alexander M, Zach M, Mason M, Carson M, Koby M, Jacob P, Joel P, Hannah S, Liam W, Sebastian Z
SVUSD is hiring!
Families and community, are you looking to support our students and earn some additional money? Apply to be a bus driver and/or small vehicle driver! We pay for the time you take training and offer fantastic benefits! Field trips, athletics, and general transportation needs are available, and all of our students deserve these opportunities.
You can find more information and links to apply here. Consider joining SVUSD!
We also have opportunities to be a substitute driver and/or employee! If interested, email Ann Marie Paparelli at Apaparelli@sonomaschools.org. Thank you!