Considering going to college this fall? Do this now!
- Your social security number
- Your alien registration number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s and other records of money earned
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID
If you are a dependent student, you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
Click https://www.kheaa.com/pdf/fafsa_checklist.pdf?main=1 to determine whether you are dependent or independent and to read additional information on the FAFSA process.
Click below to learn about these FAFSA completion steps:
- Getting an FSA ID (what it is and how to get one). You can do this today!
- Gathering the documents needed to apply
- Starting your FAFSA and providing basic personal information
- Listing colleges and/or career schools
- Determining your dependency status
- Reporting parents' information
- Providing financial information (before or after filing taxes) and determining when tax information will be available via the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Signing and submitting the FAFSA
- The next steps
Other helpful links:
DCHS Guidance Scholarship page. http://www.daviesskyschools.org/2/Content2/590
College Goal Kentucky. http://www.kasfaa.com/CollegeGoalKY/facts.asp
FAFSA on Twitter (@FAFSA). https://twitter.com/FAFSA
Federal Student Aid on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/FederalStudentAid/?fref=ts