February 2016 Counselor's News
Kacy Rodgers, MA, CSC, LPC
If any student is ever having a crisis, please send me an email or text so that I can see them (no parent permission is required for this).
Behavior gets a little hairy in the spring time and if you need a new motivator or incentive for your students to earn there is a Wii in my office for that purpose. Just let me know when you have students that have earned time (and how long) so that I can schedule that time.
As always if you have any questions or concerns please come see me!
- Scan hall and collect any students in the hallway
- Close the door (should be locked at all times). Slide red/green card into hallway
- Red Card=problem (injury, illness, etc), Green Card=no problems
- Cover window and close blinds.
- Conceal students in an area away from windows and door
- Be silent. If anyone knocks or rattles the doorknob do NOT respond
Remember to talk with your students about safety in a calm manner. There are many reasons a school may need to go into lockdown and we must model the reactions that we want students to display.
Second Grade News
- Junior Achievement Kits will be delivered after Spring Break
- Please contact your volunteer to confirm that they would like to present again
- Email me the name of your volunteer after you have spoken with them
- If your volunteer is not available this year and you need help finding a new one, let me know ASAP
- STAAR Manuals will be delivered this month, training TBA
Third Grade News
- Review 504 accommodations and double check testing groups for upcoming benchmarks
- If you have students that you feel are eligible and in need of accommodations through 504 please see myself or Mrs. Hendrix
- STAAR Manuals will be here this month, training TBA
- 504 annual reviews are being scheduled for students with dyslexia to review accommodations and discuss STAAR-A options. Please come prepared to discuss what is working and not working for each individual student. Parents will be invited but are not required to attend.