Keeping Coaches in the Know, October 16
MISSION: Building capacity in ourselves and others to positively impact student achievement
VISION: We are a professional learning community ensuring high levels of continuous learning for ALL!
- Approved Math Resources: With the second year underway with the new math TEKS, we have come across a couple good aligned resources: Motivation Math Teacher Edition from Mentoring Minds (grade levels 1-5) and MATH GPS (grade levels 3-5). These resources would be purchased using campus funds. Please contact Carrie or Tammy with questions.
- Engaging Mathematics for 3rd & 4th grades are on the way. The other grade levels are still in production along with the AIRR books.
- 2nd Grade PD Oct. 22 from 12:30-3:30. Please make sure you have one 2nd grade teacher registered in a timely manner from your campus that will be able to attend the PD for the full 3-hours.
- The Region 11 Livebinder is a comprehensive resource that includes videos, workstations, lessons with background information for concepts. The link has been on Forethought for teachers to access--Please remind them about the livebinder when planning, building teacher capacity with the content, or when looking for other resources to meet student academic needs: http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?id=930542#anchor
- Share this link with our teachers regarding Fraction Reasoning (Cluster 2 4th grade, Cluster 3 2nd, 3rd, 5th grades): https://mathreasoninginventory.com/Home/ReasoningFractions
- Region 10 PD opportunity: Math Stations in Action K-2, Oct. 19th and Math Stations in Action 3-5, Oct. 26th.
- TEA booklets, Supporting Information on the Revised Math TEKS 3-5 are available at the Print Shop.
Kinder Professional Learning - October 21st
- Our kinder professional learning is Wednesday, October 21st. Please remind your kinder teacher to register in eduphoria workshop! Teachers need to bring their Cluster 2 planner, a copy of the cluster 2 pre-assessment and a technology device.
5th Grade Professional Learning
We had great collaboration with our fifth grade teachers last week! Our grade level professional learning has focused on the process standards pre-assessments. Data is being disaggregated and collaborative conversations are taking place based on the results of the pre-assessments. The pre-assessments offer a clear target for instruction on integrating the process standards.
A Collaborative Process
5th grade teachers engage in a collaborative process to determine how to use the cluster pre-assessment data to develop common formative assessments.
Teachers work in teams to determine criteria for sorting students based on an in-depth evaluation of their responses.
One teacher maps data based on responses to each process standard stem from the pre-assessments.
A Collaborative Process
- October 22nd Meeting is canceled due to the PLC Booster.
- October 29th Meeting is canceled due to Jeff Anderson training.
- Our next IC Meeting will be on Nov. 4 in the Administration Training Rooms.
- Please bring your IC handbook, Learning by Doing book, and electronic device to all IC meetings.