Summer Registration Forecast
July 5-July 28, 2023
WELCOME TO THE 2023 GLC SUMMER REGISTRATION MUSTANGS!
Welcome to Summer Registration 2023! This year our registration appointments will be held in person. This will ensure that GLCs have one-on-one time with each student and their families to discuss their future at Walnut High School and beyond.
Please be sure to review the 5 STATIONS below to ensure you have a smooth registration process with your GLC this summer!
Summer Registration Hours
- Station 1: TDC
- Station 2: Admin Building / GLC Offices
- Stations 3, 4, & 5: Library
STATION 1: AERIES DATA CONFIRMATION & RULES VIDEO
The first station will be held in TDC.
When you check in to the TDC, we will verify to see if you completed your Aeries Data Confirmation
- WHS will be utilizing your Aeries Parent Portal account to finalize registration documents. Through your AERIES Parent Portal account, you will be able to finalize parent/guardian information, emergency card information, and registration documents. The Aeries Parent Portal is now open for data confirmation and verification of continuing students in Walnut Valley Unified School District. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MEET WITH YOUR GLC IF DATA CONFIRMATION IS NOT COMPLETE. For additional clarification on the data confirmation process, please watch the video here.
After we verify you completed your Aeries Data Confirmation, you will be asked to watch a 10-minute rules and expectation video for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Parents will need to watch the video with their child to review important rules and expectations for the 2023-2024 school year. After the video has been viewed, parent and student will sign a form stating they reviewed the rules and expectations for the 2023-2024 school year. You will turn that form to your GLC during your appointment.
STATION 3: ITEM PICK UP, STUDENT ID PHOTOS, SPIRIT WEAR, & MORE!
STATION 4: MEET OUR PARENT SUPPORT GROUPS!
The following parent groups will have a table to help answer any questions or share more about how to get involved:
- Walnut High Community Club
- Chinese American Parent Association of WVUSD
- Korean American Parent Association
- Latin Parent Alliance
- Walnut High School Chinese American Parent Association
REGISTRATION DETAILED MAP & INSTRUCTIONS:
CHROMEBOOK CHECKOUT FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
District-owned Chromebooks are made available for checkout to students who choose not to bring their own devices to school.
Chromebook Checkout will be available in the TDC (Technology Distribution Center), during the first week of school (August 14-18)
Our Instructional Tech Coach will assist with any Chromebook needs.
All students checking out a District-owned Chromebook must fill out the WHS DEVICE AGREEMENT FOR STUDENTS before receiving a Chromebook. Students choosing to check out a Chromebook will not receive a device until they fill out the form.
BELL SCHEDULE FOR 2023-2024
In 2019, Gov. Gavin Newsom signed Senate Bill 328, which requires high schools next fall to start no earlier than 8:30 a.m. SB 328 is rooted in over three decades of research on teen health, sleep patterns, and brain chemistry. Its goal is to align school start times to support better sleep habits, student health, and performance in school.
Click below for the 2023-2024 Schedule. (It is the same schedule as last year).
Senior Portraits This Summer
2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR PARKING PERMIT APPLICATIONS
Students MUST have a WHS Parking Permit to park in our parking lot this coming school year.
Students must complete the parking permit application below from their school google account. Once completed and appropriate forms uploaded, students will visit Mrs. Markel in the front office.
If students will be parking in our lot at a future date, they may complete the application at that time and visit Mrs. Markel in the front office for their permit.
GLC SUMMER REGISTRATION APPOINTMENTS
GRADE 9 (Class of 2027)
Corolar Schultz (A-LI) email@example.com
Jeff Jacks (LO-Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
GRADE 10 (Class of 2026)
Jennifer Tucker (A-LL) email@example.com
Morgan Galeener (LO-Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
GRADE 11 (Class of 2025)
Wil Lares (A-LO) email@example.com
Sonia Nunez (LU-Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
GRADE 12 (Class of 2024)
Nathan Newman (A-LI) email@example.com
Jenny Alegre (LO-Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
ADP (Academic Design Program)
Viviana Hoyos email@example.com
Jennifer Peiten jLPeiten@wvusd.org
NOTABLE FUTURE DATES (DATES & TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
First Day of Summer School: June 5
Last Day of Summer School: July 13
GLC Summer Registration Begins: July 5
First Day of School: August 14
Back to School Night: August 31
End of Semester 1: December 20
Open House: February 1, 2024
Last Day of School: May 30, 2024
VIRTUAL TOUR OF WALNUT HIGH SCHOOL
Never been on our campus? We used a 360-degree camera to help you get familiar with Walnut High School. We encourage you to click on the link, use your computer or mobile device to move around, and see what Walnut High School has to offer. Use this virtual tour to click on photos, learn more information, as well as hear voice-overs from our staff members. Below is a quick overview of our virtual tour and a map of all our scenes.
Our Virtual Tour is located on our webpage under "About Us" if you ever need access for future reference.