IASL & IRA Joint Conference!
Theme: Literacy Connections
IASL & IRA Joint Conference Details
Monday, June 25th, 3:30pm to Wednesday, June 27th, 5pm
Iowa State University, Ames, IA, United States
Conference Registration Information
Forward your completed registration form to:
Iowa Reading Association
P.O. Box 16
Ossian, IA 52161
Include a check payable to the Iowa Reading Association with your registration. Online registration is also available via Eventbrite Online Registration. A transaction fee will be assessed for online registrations. Group discounts are available.
Contact Clark Goltz, Executive Director, for details on group discounts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563-380-1999.
There is a block of rooms reserved under the name "Iowa Reading Association."
Best Western University Park Inn and Suites
This hotel does not have a block of rooms reserved.
Conference Schedule for Monday, June 25th
2:00 - 3:30 Early Packet Pick Up / On-Site Registration
3:30 - 4:45 Workshop with Barry Lyga
5:00 - 6:00 Iowa Authors Meet & Greet & Book Signings
6:00 - 7:30 Dinner on own
7:30 - 8:30 Author Keynote - Barry Lyga
8:30 - 9:30 Lyga Book Signings & IASL & ILA Membership Meet & Greet w Refreshments
Monday Afternoon Workshop & Evening Keynote with Barry Lyga
Tuesday & Wednesday
Keynotes: Chris Grabenstein
Concurrent Sessions: Authors, speakers, Iowa teachers and teacher librarians
Tuesday Evening Awards Banquet
More detailed information coming soon.
Gear up for a time of learning, collaborating, and growing in our profession!
Why move to the summer? We listened to member feedback about the timing of the conference and began seeking venues and opportunities to pilot a summer conference on a one-year trial basis. The Board met with representatives from the Iowa Reading Association to see about collaborating on a join conference, and we decided to try a joint, side-by-side conference on a one year trial basis. It is our hope that this trial will enable more teacher librarians to attend as well as allow us to collaborate with our classroom colleagues.
Why partner with the Iowa Reading Association? The IRA is very excited to partner with us. Their organization is strong both in numbers and involvement, and they have already established an excellent conference. Their enthusiasm for partnering with teacher librarians is exciting and refreshing, and our organizations working together will enable us to offer an amazing experience that will afford members of both organizations some unbelievable opportunities.
What makes this opportunity a better one for IASL?
- We have time and sessions carved out to collaborate with fellow teacher librarians from across the state.
- We can learn from multiple keynote speakers who are nationally recognized in their profession.
- We get a chance to work with renowned authors in concurrent and work sessions.
- We can collaborate with classroom teachers who are also attending from schools as well as with those from across the state.
- We will enjoy facilities from one of Iowa's premiere universities: Iowa State University in Ames, IA! These facilities will offer more room and greater flexibility for our offerings.
- We have an opportunity to earn renewal or graduate credit for attending the conference.
- We may take advantage of a book study prior to the study to earn renewal or graduate credit.