Mason Dixon Elementary - Celebrating Kindness Month
After School Enrichment and Tutoring Activities for February
Learning After School Is So Much Fun!
Kindness Week February 10-14
Pre-K and Kindergarten Registration
Pre-K Registration begins February 4 - register online, or call Dorsey Center to sign up if no internet access is available
Meet Dottie Devine, Mason Dixon's Outreach Facilitator
Hello! My name is Dottie DeVine and I am the Outreach Facilitator here at Mason Dixon Elementary! My role in the school is to be a support, advocate, and connection for families and the school to resources within the community. Ways that I can help not only for the student but also the family as a whole are –
- Connecting you to community resources including health and mental health services (appointments – medical or vision, etc.)
- Clothing/Food needs
- Housing and/or Utility assistance
- Additional support for any school meetings – IEP, SAT, 504’s.
If there is something not listed above that you think I can help with, feel free to contact me! I am at Mason Dixon 2-3 days a week. The days I am here are every other Monday, every Wednesday and Thursday. The best way to get in touch with me is through a phone call or even a text message will do! My number is 681-285-7840.
First Grade News
1st graders have a dream . . .
1st grade students enjoyed learning about MLK, Jr and his dream! They brainstormed and wrote about their personal dreams and wishes for the world.
West Virginia Symbols
1st graders are investigating the symbols, icons, and traditions of West Virginia.
School Cash Online
For safety and efﬁciency reasons, Monongalia County Schools would like to reduce the amount of cash & checks coming into our schools. Please join the thousands of parents who have already registered and are enjoying the convenience of paying ONLINE!
It takes less than 5 minutes to register. Please follow these step-by-step instructions so you will begin to receive email notiﬁcations regarding upcoming events involving your child. Attached below is the direction sheet that came home in early January, you will need your child's student ID or WVEIS number to register. Please contact your child's teacher if you need it again.
Upcoming Dates and Events
- February 3-7 National Counselor's Week
- February 4 - After School Enrichment & Tutoring
- February 6 - Pop-Up Farmer's Market - students will bring home fresh produce this day!
- February 6 - After School Enrichment & Tutoring
- February 7 - N.E.S.T. Program at 2:30
- February 10-14 - Kindness Week
- February 11 - After School Enrichment & Tutoring
- February 11 - PTO Meeting 6:00
- February 13 - After School Enrichment & Tutoring
- February 14 - Happy Valentine's Day! - Teacher Directed Kindness Parties
- February 17 - President's Day - No School for Students
- February 18 - After School Enrichment & Tutoring
- February 20 - After School Enrichment & Tutoring
- February 20 - N.E.S.T. Program at 6:00
- February 25 - After School Enrichment & Tutoring
- February 27 - After School Enrichment & Tutoring
- February 28 - 2 hour Early Dismissal
School Spirit Wear Ordering Information Coming Home Soon From "Spirit and Pride" and "Fan Cloth"
Pre-K students learned all about measurement in January!
Are you taller or shorter than an emperor penguin...yes that is a life size penguin!!
How many feet tall are you?
Any fifth grade choir member interested in participating in this year’s All-County Choir should see Mrs. Terry. Rehearsals are on Wednesday nights from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Mountaineer Middle School beginning the last week of March with a concert at the Met on Friday May 1st. Only choir members may participate and students must be able to attend all rehearsals. Contact Mrs Terry (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.