Willie Brown Elementary News

September 7, 2018

WBE Remind

Please sign up for the WBE Remind if you have not already. This is quick way for me to send out messages to all...especially in weather related situations. Remind messages were sent out Wednesday afternoon during the rain. If you didn't receive them, please sign up.

There are two ways to join:

1. Text @williebr to 81010

2. https://www.remind.com/join/williebr

Read-A-Thon Fundraiser

Our Read-A-Thon fundraiser is going strong! We appreciate any and all donations! Please keep reading and gathering donations.
Big picture

Patriots Day Tuesday 9/11

Big picture

Picture Day Thursday 9/13

All students will have an individual picture taken on Thursday, Sept. 13. This picture is used for our annual WBE yearbook, but parents also have the opportunity to purchase photos. Order before picture day at www.topoftexasprinting.com or return the form on/before picture day.
Big picture

In-N-Out Spirit Night

Once again, In-N-Out Burger is working with us to provide an amazing spirit night! They are bringing their large food truck to our September 18 Family Literacy Night. The amazing part of this partnership is that 75% of ticket sales go back to our school and the remaining 25% will help abused children.

Meal tickets must be PRE-PURCHASED...tickets will not be sold on the night of the event.

$5 per meal includes: choice of burger/cheeseburger, bag of chips, and a drink.



Big picture

Book Fair Coming Soon!

Book Fair dates and location: September 17-21 in our library

Shopping hours: The book fair will be open during school hours Monday through Friday (closing at 1:00 p.m. on Friday).

Shopping opportunities are also available during Literacy Night on Tuesday, September 18 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and during Dads and Donuts on Wednesday, September 19 and Thursday, September 20 from 7:00-8:00 a.m.

Ben Barber Showcase Night

Ben Barber Innovation Academy is having its first Open House/Showcase Night on September 11th from 6-7:30pm. This is a great opportunity for students, parents and community partners to tour the facility and see all the great things they have to offer.
Big picture