AHES Panther News
2021 Connection: September 10, 2021
Anaheim Hills Elementary School
As a school site, in our classrooms, we recognized Patriot Day today with a message from the principal and discussions in class. We focused on the helpers and committed to doing an act of kindness for someone else today. Please make sure to check in with your child on what act of kindness they showcased today. Here are the updates for the week. Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Van Wilgen Moore
Mark Your Calendars
- September 16th - PTA @ TBD
- September 27th - School Make-up Pictures
- September 28th - PTA Reflections Submissions Due
- Parent Conferences - October 4th-8th (Minimum Day all week)
- 2021-2022 District Student Calendar
Vote for Your School Site Council Parent Representatives
It's time to vote for your parent representatives for School Site Council (SCC).
The SSC is required for schools receiving categorical funds. These funds are used to supplement the regular school program. The purpose of the SSC is to develop and approve the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA); which is a comprehensive plan designed to improve the effectiveness of the school program. In order to accomplish this task, the SSC meets a minimum of four times a year to assess student needs, develop and approve the SPSA including categorical budgets, and monitor its implementation.
Members of the SSC include the principal, classroom teachers, other staff members, and parents. Members of the SSC are elected by their peers. Therefore, parents are elected by parents. Three parents are needed this year. One parent must be a parent of an English Language Learner. A member serves for two years.
Please fill out this ballot form no later than Wednesday, September 15, 2021. The three parents with the highest number of votes will serve on the SSC. Our first SCC meeting is on September 27th at 2:40 PM virtually. The agenda and link will be provided next newsletter.
COVID-19 STUDENT TESTING
The District is pleased to begin offering all students COVID-19 testing 2 times a week to all interested. All students are strongly encouraged to participate in the District COVID-19 testing program. This type of surveillance testing program is recommended by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) to mitigate spread of COVID-19 in the school community. The OUSD COVID-19 Testing Program is intended to continue maximizing the good health and safety of our school community.
Testing is typically Monday and Thursday. Additional information can be found on the attached flyer below. Register your student HERE
Room Parents Needed
AHES - Start with Hello
AHES will participate in Start with Hello which teaches students to be more socially inclusive and connected to each other. With activities and curricula available for all ages, students are empowered to end social isolation. We look forward to a great week of fostering kindness and inclusivity.
CHOC MENTAL HEALTH EDUCATION PROGRAM WEBINAR PRESENTATIONS
Through our presentations and trainings, we strive to partner with and equip our community stakeholders with the needed knowledge, tools, and resources to support the wellness of our County’s children, adolescents, and young adults. If you have any questions about our educational offerings, please contact our MHEP team at MHEP@choc.org.
I have included the flyer to download below.
2021-2022 School Year GATE Screening Dates
The purpose of GATE screening is to identify students who may need additional depth and complexity in their instructional program. Students who qualify for "GATE" status will be offered opportunities to work with other GATE-identified students either within the general education classrooms or through our GATE magnet school programs. Assessment is one important step in the GATE qualification process.
OUSD 3rd grade students:
12/6/21 - 12/10/21
No Referral needed
- Universal Screening
- Utilizes the CogAT assessment
- All 3rd-grade students tested in their classrooms unless parents "opt-out "of testing.
- EDGE and Home School students will be invited to in-person testing.
- Students who qualified for GATE in 2nd grade do not need to test again but may re-test by parent request.
OUSD 2nd and 4th-6th grade:
1/12/22 - 2/25/22
By request, referral deadline 12/17/21
- Small group testing at the school sites, by referral only-GATE Screening Referral Link (English and Spanish)
- Utilizes the OLSAT assessment
- Parents, teachers, and/or school administrators may refer students.
- EDGE and Home School Students will be invited to in-person testing.
- Please note:
- GATE qualification is not a requirement for participation in honors courses at the secondary level.
- When considering GATE magnet 4th-grade placement at Nohl Canyon and La Veta, all qualified students are considered equally. Students who qualified in grade 2 do not receive priority over students who qualified in grade 3.
- More information is available on the Orange Unified Gifted and Talented webpage.
AHES PTA Information
OUSD Superintendent Communication
Reminders - Please Review
How do I know when my child can return to school?
Keyboard / Trackpad