Monday, March 2, 2020
Read Across America Week
To celebrate the joy of reading, CMSS will have dress up days. Please see the photo below for more information. Students must following the guidelines in the student handbook for dress code.
Kids Heart Challenge
On Wednesday, February 26th, students will kickoff our Kids Heart Challenge with a pep rally. Prizes will be awarded for the top raising students and 100% of the money collected goes to support AHA. Any student who raises $100 or more will get to Silly String the Principals!
All collected monies must be turned in to Coach Fuller by Friday, March 13th.
Animal Shelter Donations
No School: Friday, March 20th
CMSS Quiz Bowl Champions!
1st Place: Carter (captain), Chase, Braden, Brennen, and Veronica.
3rd Place: Mason (captain), Jacob, Kaitlyn, Ayden, and Levi.
Cabot Teacher of the Year
Cabot Public Schools has once again teamed up with our Cabot Classroom Teacher Association, Cabot Panther Foundation, and Centennial Bank of Cabot to recognize our outstanding educators! One educator will be honored with the title Cabot Public Schools Teacher of the Year and will be eligible for submission to the Arkansas Teacher of the Year Award.
To nominate a teacher or to learn more information, click on the following link: http://www.cabotschools.org/news/2265/cabot-public-schools-teacher-of-the-year-2019-2020--nominations-feb-11--march-13
R.E.A.L. Panthers of the Week
The following students were recognized on Friday, February 28th as our R.E.A.L. Panthers of the Week. Each team selects one student per week that has gone above and beyond in demonstrating the characteristic traits associated with the R.E.A.L. Panther Pledge. Congratulations!
5-1 Team Pride: Karaline
5-2 Team Storm: Wyatt
5-3 Team Shine: Dakota
5-4 Team Wise: Olivia
5-5 Team Arctic: Codey
6-1 Team Unstoppable: Delainey
6-2 Team All Stars: Bryson
6-3 Team Stars: Steven
6-4 Team Force: Kemarri
6-5 Team Fierce: Logan
For more information about Ronald McDonald House Charities, click the link below.
Yearbooks On Sale!
Box Tops for Education
Box Tops for Education is still going strong and each box top counts as cash for CMSS! Since 1996, General Mills has donated over $913 million to schools just like CMSS.
You can continue to send in your Box Tops with your student OR you can download the Box Top App and choose CMSS at your school. Then, simply scan your grocery receipt and CMSS will be credited for each eligible item you purchased.
Lunch prices will remain the same as last year:
- Elementary lunch: $2.40
- Secondary lunch $2.60
- Reduced lunch $0.40
If you are a family that is facing financial hardships, the most important thing you can do is to let us know. There is no deadline to apply for free and reduced meals. We will be more than happy to help you fill out the paperwork or apply online. If you don’t qualify for that program, they are still willing and able to provide assistance as needed. For any questions, please contact the Food Service Director, Erin Wilkes at 501-843-3363.
School Choice Applications Now Accepted
Online enrollment in the Cabot PreK Program will open on Monday, February 3rd. For more information about eligibility and required documentation, click the link below.
Car Rider Procedures
Avoid dropping off/picking up your student in the parking lots. This creates traffic that could result in an injury to our students and staff. Parking lots are reserved for those parking and entering the building.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off is 1 lane. Use the lane closest to the building.
- Please pull as far forward as possible when dropping off your student. This allows more students to exit the cars and speeds up the drop off line.
- Students will enter the building through the front doors.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Pick up is 2 lanes after entering the CMSS driveway. Cars must use the "Merge" lane to create 1 lane of traffic heading toward Kerr Station Road. Panther Trail is a city street and must remain open for through traffic.
- Present your placard to the caller as you approach the beginning of the car line.
- Students will listen for their name and go to the number called with their name.
- Cars will pull up to the number called. (#1 is near the 6th grade hall/closest to the Kerr Station exit/#10 is near the 5th grade hall/closest to the caller).
- Students will wait until the vehicle comes to a complete stop to load their car.
- March 17 & 19: Parent/Teacher Conferences
- March 20: No School
- March 23-27: Spring Break
- April 6-10: ACT Aspire Summative Testing Window for CMSS
- April 23: 5th Grade Track and Field
- April 24: 6th Grade Track and Field
- May 1-3: Space Camp
- May 21: End of 4th Nine Week grading period
- May 21: Last day of school
Cabot Middle School South