5th Grade News!
For the Week of November 3-7
**The poetry assessment originally scheduled for October 30 has been moved to November 4.
- Celebrating the conclusion of our poetry unit by sharing a compilation of favorite poems.
- Editing and revising poems we have written
- Compiling a group of poems for publication (this will be for a grade)
- Solving problems involving perimeter, area, and volume.
- Understanding the Rock Cycle and Fossils
- Understanding important events during the Revolutionary War
**Revolutionary War Assessment on Friday, November 7.
STUDY GUIDE can be found at http://tutorial.historyalive.com/ Use practice lessons 10, 11, and 12.
Also, practice your math facts daily.
Reading - One menu item due Friday, November 7.
Science - Energy Uses Project
Information and News
Our Fishing Field Trip will be November 6. More information will be sent home as the date approaches.
Friday, November 7 is early dismissal. Students will be dismissed at 12:30.
If you purchased Packpons, here are the dates for the remainder of the PackPon days. Your teachers have a list of all the students who bought them at the beginning of the year. You may still purchase packpons - bring $5 to school! :)
Extra recess – 11/7
Crazy Hair Day – 11/13
Board Games – 11/21
Hat Day – 12/5
Sunglasses – 12/16
5th Grade Team Members
Willie Manning - WillieRManning@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Longoria - JulieALongoria@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Hernandez - JulieRHernandez@KATYISD.ORG
Nichole Howard - NicholeCHoward@KATYISD.ORG
Jennifer Counter - JenniferTCounter@KATYISD.ORG
Kailey Miller - KaileyMiller@KATYISD.ORG
Abbie Artley - AbigailEArtley@KATYISD.ORG