Media Center News
Student Library and Text Book Returns
We will begin taking up textbooks next week. You will bring your students by team, and ALL students need to come even if they don't have books. Your team leader will tell you the order in which you need to come.
- Ballard and Bubenheim's team, Thursday, 5/12
- McMichael's team, Friday, 5/13
- Taylor and Adam's team, Monday, 5/16
- Jones' team, Tuesday, 5/17
Please line your class up outside the media center vertical to the doors (by the lockers). Mrs. Adcock and I will be just inside the doorway checking in books. Students will check their books in, go stack them on the floor, and then get a book off the tables for summer reading. Teachers need to be in the media center reminding students what color table they need to pull from. The tables will be color coded by lexile and the reading teachers should tell the students which one to get so teacher bringing the students should just remind them. After they choose their book (which they DO NOT have to check out) they should line up at the back door (no sitting). If they are missing books they will get a receipt from the checkout desk. Once all your students have been through please take them back to class through the back door.
If students have books missing the day their team comes, then they may bring them down here in the morning. They should not bring their books prior to their team coming unless they know they are going to be absent that day. Please make sure they bring an agenda with them. We will sign their agenda with the time when they are ready to return.
Teacher Textbook Return
Final Fine Notices
- the books don't make it to the media center
- the books are damaged (before or after you get it)
- the books they gave you aren't theirs. As I tell the students, I don't care whose name is in the book. We go by barcode numbers. Students sometimes pick up someone else's book to turn in as their own, but WE KNOW! You, however, will not know.
It is easier for Mrs. Adcock and myself, as well as for you, to turn them in yourself. However, I have dealt with many angry parents who don't want to pay for a book that the student had given the teacher to turn in. Please let them turn them in, and we can check it right then to tell them if it is theirs or not.