Interventions with Instant Impact
Special Needs: Autism, Dyslexia, Communication and Language
Ensuring Progress for All Pupils
This high-impact practical course provides an effective and clearly structured approach with a wealth of high-impact activities for class teachers, teaching assistants, special educational needs co-ordinators and parents/carers.
The session is presented by Chris Williams who is a leading international specialist in ensuring interventions for children with special educational needs maximise progress and outcomes for all. This full day session provides an opportunity for professionals working with children to develop and improve their own practice.
This course was prepared by a team of Speech and Language Therapists working with Chris, who has extensive experience in special education and supporting pupils with communication difficulties. Chris is an expert in supporting pupils with autistic spectrum disorders and their schools/families. He brings brand new, innovative approaches which deliver immediate positive impact.
2: Receptive Language
3: Expressive Language
4: Autism: Communication, Social Development, Transition, Reading, Writing
5: Overcoming barriers for pupils with dyslexia
6: Strategies for teaching assistants
7: Supporting parents and carers
8: Implementation and making an impact
This course does feature tablet technology (tablets are provided on the day) to support a clear, distinct and accessible pedagogical process which is aligned with a robust evidence base.
"In the field of ensuring impact on learning outcomes using the best available technology, Chris and his team are at the forefront. By some distance."
Andrew Smith, Executive Headteacher, Learning Pathways Trust.
Key Areas of Benefit
- Supporting pupils with Autism
- Removing barriers for people with dyslexia
- Practical high impact communication and language interventions
- Interventions for SENCOs and Teaching Assistants
- Immediate impact for Special School staff
- Powerful and effective approaches for parents and carers
Innovation in Action
- Experience new and high-impact approaches to support pupils with autistic spectrum disorders.
- Develop a strong understanding of how new strategies can remove many of the barriers facing children with speech, language and communication difficulties.
- Understand a range of simple, transferable and flexible approaches to support pupils at different stages of development.
- Know how to use a small number of technology-based applications to provide structured programmes of supporting activities for individual pupils and groups.
- Have a strong understanding of key principles in recording and assessment and know innovative ways to maximise the impact of assessment.
LONDON 14th JUNE 2016
MANCHESTER 16th JUNE 2016
£245 per delegate (discounts available for multiple bookings)
"Extremely informative and very useful with a huge number of activities and ideas I can take straight back to school." National Association of Headteachers Delegate, Wakefield
"Personalised learning in the new curriculum. I’m feeling very empowered." Special School Deputy Head, Oldham
"Brilliant. Exceeded my expectations. Perfectly matched to my needs, I could not have asked for more." National Association of Headteachers Delegate (SENCO), Wakefield
"Mind-blowing. This will change the way I work and I know already the impact will be incredible." Speech and Language Therapist, Edinburgh