News from GT
Opera Night a Great Success
There are many to acknowledge for their assistance in making the evening successful. Staff members Erin Barbier, Sarah Yurko, Laura Haneman, and Matt Beebe were gracious enough to assist Ms. Hanna with the evening. Thank you so much to Nadine Herbst, Paul Schuster, Tish McKernan and Emily Roberts for helping serve food for our students' dinner. Thank you as well to Bruno Zucca, Susan Michalski, Sydney Barosse, Kim McMath, Will McNamara, Tish McKernan, and Emily Roberts for attending the opera with us.
Several items (shoes, clothes, a Banana Republic garment bag) were left last night and are currently in my room. Please encourage your students to come retrieve them.
Passion Project Information (Spring Semester Independent Study)
A number of students failed to take the guide with them when they left class.
Students having difficulty determining a topic or a way to integrate the topic with a product are encouraged to come meet with Ms. Hanna to discuss it.
Projects will be shared with the community at the GT Exhibition on April 30th from 6:30 - 8:00, and with students on May 1st from 8:00 - 11:00. The GT Exhibition will be held in the HCMS small gym.
February 6th: Topic Scavenger Hunt due (will be completed in class week of February 3rd - 5th)
February 10th - 12th: Topic due (date that class meets)
February 24th - 26th: Annotated Bibliography due (date that class meets)
March 10th - 12th: Research Summary due (date that class meets)
March 24th - 26th: Project Proposal due (date that class meets)
April 30th: GT Exhibition Project due
May 4th - 6th: FRED Talk due (date that class meets)
All assignments will be submitted via Google Classroom.
VEX Robotics Tournament January 31st
To volunteer - here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/nj4hQ7
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
If you would like to contribute to our hospitality room, please contact Angie Hanna, firstname.lastname@example.org. Items we need include:
Soda, including diet soda
Snacks, such as granola bars, chips etc.
- There will be no Open Door Day Friday, January 30th 1st - 5th periods. Ms. Hanna will be with HCMS presenters at Bridge Point Elementary's Science Day.
- Ms. Hanna will be out the week of February 2nd-6th to attend the TCEA Conference.
- 6th grade GT will meet on Wednesday, February 4th instead of Tuesday, February 3rd.
- There will be no Open Door Day Friday, February 6th.
Spring Session of Stock Market Game
The spring session of The Stock Market Game will begin February 5th. More information is available here: http://hcmsahanna.weebly.com/stock-market-game.html. Students may sign up here: http://goo.gl/forms/Lp6QPHXX8J.
Teams are comprised of 2-5 students. Ms. Hanna will assist students in forming teams, if necessary. It costs $5/student to participate. Checks should be payable to HCMS. Turn money in to Ms. Hanna.