Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of October 11th
NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15TH
Families, this is a very short, 4 question survey that will help us schedule information sessions.
NO SCHOOL - Friday, October 15th (professional development day)
***NEW - CCS COVID Guideline - “Other students in the household attending school within CCS will also be required to quarantine until the symptomatic student has been medically cleared (tested negative) or completed the required isolation, per new ODH and CPH guidance.”
***NEW - Colerain Elementary PBIS - we have won a "silver" rating for our implementation of the PBIS Framework. This is an excellent, positive behavioral program that we will share more about!!!
Daily Heath Assessments - a friendly reminder from your school nurses to do your child's daily health assessment every morning before sending them to school each day. See flyer below for more details
- Attendance Updates - please allow up to 24 hours for Colerain Staff to update daily attendance due to late busses
- FREE COVID-19 Tests - your local Columbus Library continues to get supplies of FREE, at-home COVID-19 Tests. Reminder: you must use the app to work with a live person in order to get electronic test results that will be accepted by Colerain.
Whetstone Homecoming Parade - thank you to all staff and families that participated!!!
- ***TODAY - CCS Facilities Master Plan Meetings - Thursday, October 11th @ 6p - it's not too late to register. See section below for more details.
- ***NEW - State Support Team 11 Family Engagement Session - Monday, October 18th @ 6p - click here to register for the next session "Parent/Guardian Rights in Special Education Process"
- ***NEW - Colerain Fall Clean Up - Sunday, October 24th @ 9a - please bring your gloves and your family to Colerain and join us in an outdoor fall clean in preparation for more beautification and planting.
- Colerain Trunk or Treat - Tuesday, October 26th 5p - 6:30p @ Colerain Elementary - join us in the parking lot to trick or treat from staff members vehicles. Bring the whole family. Costumes are encouraged!
- City of Columbus Trick or Treat - Thursday, October 28th 6p - 8p - the neighborhood around Colerain is a safe, fun place to trick or treat!!!
- Sensory & Self-Regulation Strategies for Use at Home - Wednesday, November 3rd @ 7p - this virtual presentation will be hosted by Colerain Occupational Therapists. Click here for zoom link.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - Tuesday, November 9th and Thursday, November 18th - more details will be shared soon. In the meantime, please review the "How to Prepare for Parent/Teacher Conferences" Presentation below for some tips on how to get the most out of these valuable conversations.
- School Picture Retakes - Tuesday, November 16th
Exposing our All-Star Students to Spanish
Staff Highlight - John Vance
Q: What is your role?
A: Visual Arts Teacher. I work with all of Colerain’s students in Grades K-5.
Q: What is your responsibility?
A: To teach my students about the history and importance of art and creativity through the creation of artwork.
Q: What do you want families to know?
A: I hope every student finds their ability to be creative, enjoy art making and can develop a lifelong love and appreciation for visual art.
Q: Any hobbies/interests you would like to share?
A: I enjoy riding BMX, playing hockey and going to Blue Jackets games.
Customer Relations – 614-365-8888
Virtual PTA Meeting - Wednesday, October 20th @ 6p
We are still in need of a PTA Secretary! Please email email@example.com if interested.
CCS Facilities Master Plan
WE NEED YOUR VOICE! Please consider participating in this effort to re-image what our Columbus City Schools could look like!
Colerain is in REGION 4!!!
***TODAY - Phase 4 (Anticipate) - Thursday, October 11th @ 6p at Huy Elementary School
- Come and tour two CCS school facilities, on the same campus. One recently constructed, and another older construction. You will be asked to compare and contrast student-centered learning environments by using SurveyMonkey. Please come and help re-imagine our schools as world-class opportunities. Please request translation services when registering.
- Register here: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/9061
Phase 5 (Consider) - Monday, October 25th @ 6p at Centennial High School
- We need you to help rework the puzzle of each region to create equity for all. We will break into small groups and reassess what makes sense for you and the structure for your region. Come and share your thoughts and suggestions. Please request translation services when registering.
- Register here: tbd
Phase 6 (Transform) - Wednesday, December 1st @ 6p at Whetstone High School
We will evaluate the options created in the Phase 5 - Consider workshop. What are the pros and cons of each option? We will break into small groups and evaluate what option makes the most sense for your region. Come be a part of live decision making and consensus building. Please request translation services when registering.
- Register here: tbd
***NEW - Nationwide Children's Sexual Health Program - for parents and caregivers. Free 10 week course. Each session will be 10 minutes.
LSS 211- CONNECTING NEIGHBORS TO RESOURCES
- Charity Newsies Clothing Program - applications are open!
- Salvation Army Christmas Cheer & Toy Program - see flyer below for more details on how and where to apply for this program
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
- ***NEW - Special Ed Parent Mentor Program
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.