November 27th - December 1st "A Week" - Vol 3 Issue 16
IMPORTANT HES INFO
Calendar Survey - School Year 2024-2025: The SMCPS Calendar Committee is seeking input in the development of the 2024-2025 school year calendar. Please respond to this Calendar Survey to provide your input. (Direct Link to survey-- https://bit.ly/SMCPS24calendar)
Be sure to review this entire newsletter each week as it will provide you with valuable resources and information.
Important Events and Dates
December 7: PTO Hollyday Festival (5 pm - 7 pm)
December 8: 2-Hour Early Dismissal
December 1 - 15: Hollywood's Holiday Break Countdown Spirit Days
December 13: 1st Grade Music Program (9:30 am & 2:00 pm) - Families are invited to attend
December 18 -January 2: Winter Break - No School
Boosterthon Reward Day! Students Dress as Teachers & Teachers Dress as Students
November Character Trait - Perserverance
From the School Nurse
Hello HES Families!
Sick season is in full swing here at Hollywood. In order to try and decrease the spread of germs there are a few things I ask that you do this weekend. Encourage your child to wash their hands often with soap and water. Remind them to keep their hands away from their mouths and nose. Encourage blowing their nose if their nose is stuffy. And of course to cover their coughs and sneezes!
As always I ask that if your child tests positive for any contagious illness (flu, strep, covid, hand foot and mouth, pink eye, etc…) please let myself or their teacher know. You may also indicate that they are positive for any illness via the absence reporting system. This is completely confidential! The information is used to monitor illnesses in the school and let parents know of potential exposures.
Thank you so much for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions please reach out any time!
Please review laptop expectations by sharing this presentation with your child. Classroom teachers will be reviewing laptop expectations with students at school as well. Thank you!
Need to purchase a laptop charger?
You can do one of two things:
1. Email your child's teacher or the Library Media Specialist Miss Hazuda (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you wish to pay for the missing laptop charger. A fine then can be assessed so that you can pay using My School Bucks, sending in cash, or a check (made out to SMCPS).
2. Go directly to the DELL store. You can purchase directly from their website and have it shipped to your home.
Ensure one of these links is being used:
www.dell.com/mpp/smcps (click Shop Recommended Solutions to get to the discounted power cords)
www.dell.com/mpp/smcps-chargers (leads directly to the purchasing portal)
If you purchase from Dell, please make sure that you label the charger with the student's first and last name before sending it to school. If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher or the Library Media Specialist Miss Hazuda (email@example.com).
School Lunch Highlights - Week of November 27 - TBD
Home Access Center / HAC
- Please join our HES PTO!
- Thank you to those families who have already signed up to volunteer and support these events. There are still additional opportunities to volunteer, please consider signing up. Hollywood PTO Volunteer Interest Form Survey (surveymonkey.com)
- If you are interested in being involved with the HES PTO, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- HES PTO has a new Spirit Wear company. On top of the company getting amazing reviews for their customer service and quality, our HES PTO earns 10% in commissions for all our sales!! Woohoo!! Items will ship directly to your house as well. https://1stplacespiritwear.com/schools/MD/Hollywood/Hollywood+Elementary+School
Do you have the Schoology App?
Log Into the Schoology Mobile App
If you already have a Schoology account, download the Schoology app from Apple App Store, Google Play or the Amazon App Store. Tap the app icon to open it on your device.
You can use an email address or username to log into the application, depending on how your account was set up:
Log in through your School
Use the keyboard to enter SMCPS. As you type, matching choices populate in the list. The name, ID number, city, state, and zip code for the school should appear below.
Tap the name of your school or organization when it displays.
Use the email address or username to log in to the application, that was sent to you via email from Schoology with an app password. If you are an SMCPS student or teacher this is NOT your SMCPS password.
Tap LOG IN to complete.
If you are able to sign in with Google, and you are an SMCPS student or staff, please use that login process and follow the provided instructions in the prompts.
Want to enable notifications? Please check this document
Hollywood Elementary School...
...provides a rich educational experience that focuses on preparing well rounded students that are ready to succeed in their future college and career endeavors. Hollywood educates and inspires our diverse population in a safe and respectful environment. Students are engaged in authentic learning experiences that foster work habits and skills necessary to become collaborative, dedicated, and productive citizens.