LGTH Monthly Staff Newsletter
We are sooo excited to finally have our doors open and we want to say "thank you" again for all your patience during our licensing process! We are so lucky to have each and every one of you here at LGTH and are excited what the upcoming months have in store!
Each month, we'll be writing a monthly staff newsletter, which will contain important info about upcoming events and other news, shout-outs, and a teaching resource for you to put into practice in your classroom. See each section for more information!
Melissa and Sarah
News and Reminders
- Melissa will be on vacation Thursday December 3rd and Friday December 4th. Sarah will be opening and closing the school so if you need anything please contact her.
- Rag System: In the laundry room on the first floor, there are two sets of shammy cloths to cut down on paper towel waste. The yellow cloths are for food clean up and the green cloths are for art clean up. Infant Classrooms: Wash your cloths with your daily laundry. Toddler classrooms and older: The front desk staff will collect your cloths each afternoon to wash. This will cut down on the smell between your laundry days. You can pick up clean cloths in the first floor laundry room each morning.
- Holiday Cookie Exchange: Wednesday December 16th we will be having our first annual cookie exchange! Bring in a batch of your favorite cookies to share, and sample delicious cookies made by your coworkers! Stay tuned for more info in the break room!
- Final Friday: The last Friday of each month will be a jean day and we will be providing a special treat. Our first Final Friday will actually be Thursday, December 31st.
- Sign-in/Sign-out: We are still temporarily using the paper sign in sheets in the break room as we wait for things to be finalized with our electronic system. Please remember to record your time in, time out for break, time back in after break, and time out at the end of the day! Thanks!
Shout out box is located in the staff lounge!
Each month, we will feature a resource that can help inspire or motivate you in your classroom and work. If you come across an interesting article or activity, send it along! We love to share items that have already helped our staff!
This month's resource is easily adapted to all age groups here and is a fun way to combine art, friendship, and recycling! The roll-the-jar activity could even be changed to fit your current lesson plan - from stars to snowflakes, the possibilities are endless. Check out the activity here: Easy Toddler Friendship Painting