West Covina High School
Summer School 2021
July 1-July 29, 2021
Thank you for your interest in summer school at West Covina High School! We are pleased to announce that summer school will be held from July 1-July 29, 2021. All classes will be online using the Edmentum platform. Grades and credits earned by completing summer school courses will appear on students' official transcripts. Please be aware that space is limited.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
1) Current WCHS students complete the "Registration Survey" button above by 4:00 PM on Friday, April 30, 2021.
New to WCHS students (including incoming freshman) complete the "Registration Survey" button above by 4:00 PM on Friday, June 4, 2021.
2) Once a student completes the first step of the registration process, an email will be sent
which provides directions on how to complete the second step of the process through
the OFY organization.
*Every student MUST complete BOTH surveys in order to be eligible for Summer School.
Notification regarding a student's acceptance and class schedule, if applicable, will be sent to the student's email account no later than June 25th.
It is expected that all students complete the online OFY registration forms as soon as possible to secure their seat. The deadline to complete the forms is June 4, 2021 at 4:00 PM. Any student who does not complete the online registration form will lose their spot in summer school. It is the student's responsibility to complete their registration on time.
Summer school is based on a combination of NEED and a lottery system. We do our best to accommodate as many students as possible, but we cannot guarantee admission to Summer School for any student.
Please feel free to contact Assistant Principal Kristie Jackson for questions regarding Summer School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Course Information
- Each course= 5 credits with a passing grade
- Maximum of 2 classes/ 10 credits per student
- Pacing expectation of 4-6 hours of daily log-on time or 20 hours per week
- First Semester is from July 1-15 (10 school days)
- Second Semester is from Jul 16-29 (10 school days)