Asa Packer News
Asa Packer News
Please see below for this week's news.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Plans are being made to schedule Parent/Teacher Conferences. This year, conferences will be held on Monday, November 21, 2022, and Tuesday, November 22, 2022.
Parent/Teacher Conferences will be scheduled by the classroom teacher. Classroom teachers will contact families next week on how to register for a conference. Parents requesting a time to meet with one of our specialist teachers should contact them directly either through Class Dojo or at their email address below.
Digital Literacy - email@example.com
Music - firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Education - email@example.com
Spanish - firstname.lastname@example.org
Instrumental Music - email@example.com
Reading Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading Specialist - email@example.com
Teachers are always available to discuss any questions/issues throughout the school year. We look forward to meeting with you and discussing your child's educational progress, strengths, and needs.
From The PTA
1- To give families additional time to support Asa Packer kids while enjoying delicious pierogies, the PTA has extended the ordering deadline for its fundraiser.
Online orders will now be accepted through the evening of Sunday, November 6th.
- Online orders only- no collecting money
- The grade with the highest $ sales gets extra RECESS with a special visit from ACE!
- Deadline to order is Friday, November 4th.
- For questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends and Family
- Text a picture to local friends
- Post a picture on social media for local friends
- YOU pick up at the school between 4:00 and 6:00 PM on Friday, December 2nd and distribute pierogi orders.
- Hand out (safely!) to people in the community
- Be creative and leave flyers out and about
- THEY pick up their order at the school between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM on Saturday, December 3rd
2- We hope all of our students enjoyed the PTA sponsored assembly with Jesse Ruben this week. We can achieve big goals!
3- Please join us next Thursday at noon for our first zoom PTA meeting of the year. Meeting ID is 967 0920 0837. No password needed.
4- Thank you to the families that donated to our Staff Appreciation Station that returned this week! If you would like to be included on the signup genius for our next Appreciation Station to donate items please contact email@example.com
5- Grant researchers and grant writers are needed for Playground Equipment and Outdoor Learning Space.
Leader in Me - Habit of the Month
November Lunch Menu
COVID Reporting Tool For Parents
Parents need to complete the COVID google form. Parents can access the COVID google form on our BASD website and then click "The COVID REPORTING TOOL FOR PARENTS"
Once this COVID google form has been completed the district receives a notification. The district will treat that notification as a non-cummulative absence until the 5 day mandatory period is over or if not symptom free at that point, any additional days until they are symptom free and without a fever for 24 hours.
If the student case is not recorded through the Google Form, they are accountable to the procedures outlined in attendance policy #204.
- Cars are not allowed in the bus lane.
- You may park along Kenwood Drive or in designated parking spaces to walk your children to the door.
- Students and parents must use the crosswalks at all times.
- Do not leave your child(ren) unattended outside the school, before or after school hours.
- Follow posted signs. They will be enforced.
- No pets are allowed on school property.
Change in Dismissal
- Send in a written note for any dismissal changes.
- Any last minute dismissal changes after school begins must be communicated to Mrs. Cressman in the office (610-865-0660).
- Do not email or Dojo dismissal changes after 9 a.m.
- If a change occurs during/close to dismissal time, please enter the office to meet your student. Students will not be dismissed verbally at any dismissal door.
Any questions pertaining to transportation should be directed to that particular office. Information regarding district transportation for the 2022-2023 school year will be mailed to your home directly from the Transportation Office shortly. The Transportation Department can be reached at 610-861-0360.
2022 - 2023 School District Calendar
We Are a ClassDojo School!
- Teachers will communicate to guardians about their “Quiet hours” procedures.
- Teachers will respond to emails/messages within 24 hours during the work week.
- Weekend/holiday messages will be responded to by the end of the next school day.