Welcome to Music!
Anniston Avenue Elementary 2022-2023
I Teach Music!
Hello! My name is Nancie Simmons. I teach PreK-5th grade music at Anniston. This is the beginning of my 14th year here and I have taught a total of 24 years so far in Elementary Music. I love to hear students make music and witness their joy as they accomplish new songs, instruments, and concepts in music each week!
Music Room Theme: Music Genres
As usual, all students are given a chance to perform on stage each year. Below are the program dates and times. We are trying out a few smaller performances during the school day so please make a note of the dates AND times. More information will go home closer to each grade's performance date. I hope you will join us for this time of special music featuring your talented children!
Let's Keep in Touch!
Last year, I contacted you to let you know about your student's great day in music class and I will do that again this year. Each week I would choose one student per class who really showed exceptional behavior and participation. They were given a small certificate to bring home and I tried to take their picture to share with you. I will be doing this again this year so be on the lookout for it!!
I will also use School Status to ask for help when students are having difficulties with our school behavior expectations. Each week classes can earn 5 points based on their participation and behavior during music class. Points are based on the 5 Class Expectations of Anniston:
- Be ready to learn
- Raise your hand to speak
- Respect all people and property
- Follow the directions given by an adult the first time
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
If their class meets the goal at the end of the nine weeks, they earn a prize! Thank you in advance for your help with behavior. Please feel free to message me through this tool if you have any questions about music class or performances. Let's Keep in Touch!
- COLOR: green
- SNACK: dark chocolate peanut M & M's
- BOOKS: Mysteries and Romantic Fiction
- MOVIES: Any movie from The Star Wars Series
- MUSIC: I like many different styles of music but country, praise and worship, and folk are my favorite genres.
- FREE TIME: I like to travel, read, cook, sew, and go out on our boat to one of the barrier islands in the Gulf to look for shells or to fish!